Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 PayPal warning >

PayPal warning

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

PayPal warning

Old 08-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default PayPal warning

I recently sold a Remington rifle stock, a box of Hornady bullets (not loaded ammo) and a spare mag for a .45 online. The buyers all paid with PayPal.

Well two days ago I got a form letter e-mail from PayPal stating that my account had been suspended for violating their new policy. Apparently there's a new policy concerning firearms and parts created back in July. It didn't detail exactly which sale caused the suspension and the form letter mentioned 'selling items from my website' (which I don't have) so I'm not sure which sale they flagged to cause the suspension and the policy is not real clear on reloading components.

Anyway, I agreed to never do such a horrendous thing again and they re-instated my account.

I just wanted to put out a word of warning for firearms related sales here on the forums. Go to the Paypal site and review their 'Acceptable Use' guidelines.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PayPal warning

How did they know what it was that you sold or purchased?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Host of Hosts

They did that to me last year...After about 6 or 8 months they said I could start using their service again. I told them I made them alot of money when I sold items on ebay and such, but no more. I told them to Pi$$ off. Money orders are better anyway.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be very careful, there are aslo TONS of Ebay and PayPal scam emails circulating around right now.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Spike

I bet I get at least 3-5 fake pay pal e-mails a wek threatening to suspend my account and need info I just deleat them I don't even read them any more.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Yep. Never respond to a PayPal or e-Bay e-mail. I went directly to my PayPal account (not through a link) and saw that it was blocked.

I have no idea how they knew what I sold unless they were reading the 'notes' or 'comments' section in the transaction records.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:23 PM

EBay owns PayPal and Ebay is anti-gun This is not a joke and not without knowlege. This is why you see a lot of people on gunbroker.com that say they would'nt use paypal if it were a matter of lifeand death. I use payPal on ebay to buy my reloading supplies anda Rem 700 BDL gunstock and never had any trouble yet, bought 4 days ago.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:34 PM

This also happened to me too, though I don't think it's a new policy. I closed my account with them shortly after. If they don't support our second ammendment rights, I won't support them with my buisness.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM

I agree with you 1000% and that goes for any other Co. or Org.
Two things I will never give up is My hunting, and my guns, If theyare willing to die taking them as much as I am to keep them, its going to be an interesting fight
__________________________________________________ __

"One tiedin the woodpile, does not laugh at the one in the fire."