Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement >

Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement

Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement

8/15/2006

East Alton, IL, August 15, 2006 --Winchester announced today that it has entered into a long-term license agreement with Browning for the manufacture and distribution of Winchester brand rifles and shotguns.

“With this new agreement, Winchester is confident that Browning will produce innovative firearms worthy of the Winchester name, continuing a tradition that people around the world associate with the Winchester brand,” stated Richard Hammett, President Winchester Ammunition. “We are proud of our heritage as The Gun That Won the West and consider this arrangement as entering a new era for the legendary Winchester firearms brand.”
Charles Guevremont, President of Browning is equally optimistic and excited about the opportunity to continue the production and distribution of Winchester firearms. “We are more committed today than ever before to the development of exciting new Winchester firearms designs,” said Guevremont. “We will continually strive to build the quality products that generations of loyal Winchester customers have come to expect and will be proud to own and use for decades to come.”

Winchester is a division of Olin Corporation. Olin Corporation is a manufacturer concentrated in three business segments: Metals, Chlor Alkali Products and Winchester. Winchester products include sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and industrial cartridges.

For more information on Winchester products, including press releases and images, visit www.winchester.com, and then click on Press Room.

For more information on Winchester firearms, including press releases and images, visit www.winchesterguns.com.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement

Sounds good for winchester fans.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:30 PM

I was wondering who was going to pick up the name. It makes sense to me, Browning is owned by or otherwise connected to FN, who uses several winchester designs already.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hooray for the firearms industry! It has sickened me since I heard Winchester was quitting, but this news is a bright spot for the whole industry.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

A great arms company just got better!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great! I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a big Winchester fan! Hopefully they will be made in the good old US of A!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

. Good luck.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats all good! Lets hope they keep making them here also. I wonder how the folks who paid the big bucks gobbling up the last Winchesters feel..ouch!!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 PM

You guys ready for some Jap-made Model 70s? I can't say that I am. However, they'll probably be made with better quality.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:14 AM

they'll probably be made with better quality.
I don't know if I can fully support this statement.
There is a chance that FN will make the rifles, they are of high quality but also not made in the US. Does anyone know who purchased the manufacturing facilities from US Repeating Arms? Might see Model 70's made in the US under a new name?

Quick Reply: Winchester and Browning Enter Firearms License Agreement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.