Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New scope

Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default New scope

I need to get a new scope for my new Remington 700 XCR in 300WSM and narrowed my choices down to Leupold VXIII in 3.5-10 or a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 whats everyone recommend and why? thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New scope

I looked at both of them and chose the Ziess. The Zeiss seems to be a little better on the new ones. The older Leupolds were really good but the Zeiss seemed to be clearer in low light.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ziess is brighter and has a constant 4" of eye relief.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Leupols all the way!I have the older and newer model and I love them both.They are great in low light conditions and are the clearest scope for the money I have ever seen.I also love their custemer service too.My old one had the gass go bad after many years of service.I sent it too them and they did a total rebuild.They put on a new main tube,a new seal,new lenses and gasted it all free of charge.When I got it back it looked like I went to the store and got a new one.I got it back within10 days and they paid the shipping to send it back to me.All I was out is the $7.50 for the shipping to get it too them.I dont think you can beat that for custemer service.It is a good quality scope with great customer service to back it all up.I will never buy anything but a Leupold.If you are looking to get a good price on a used leupold go onto ebay.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, their customer service is top-notch!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:44 PM

Here's what my XCR looks like with a Leupold VXIII.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome! heres one on a 7mm saum remmy sendero.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM

I LIKE THAT ANTHONY! NICE DOGS TOO.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Typical Buck

Lol! Thanks, they're always wanting to sniff on my rifles when theyre out. Crazy boxers! I need to get some scope caps like you have. They look cool and serve a good purpose also.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned and used both of those scopes. Optically the Zeiss is better, especially in it's ability to resolve detail. I also think the etched reticles Zeiss uses are better than the wire reticles Leupold uses. They're just the right thickness for me and appear sharper and crisper. I've never had a problem with either a Zeiss or Leupold in terms of durability. The only time I've ever had to return a scope for service was when I dropped one of my rifles onto a paved parking lot which damaged the 4.5-14x44 Conquest on it. Zeiss replaced it with a brand new one within a week, free of charge and no questions asked.

So if it were me I'd go with the Zeiss Conquest unless it interferes with the operation of your rifles's bolt. I oncehad a Conquest on my pre-'64 Model 70, but its larger ocular bell caused clearance problems when Icycled the bolt. I ended up putting a Leupold VX-II on it because of its smaller eyepiece.

Quick Reply: New scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.