Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hard headed people >

Hard headed people

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hard headed people

Old 07-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hard headed people

2. This makes me glad I use Iron Sights
Iron sights do not prevent stupidity either.I have seen people shoot many rounds trying to adjust iron sights.Some people have trouble understanding which way to drive the front or rear sights.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Crew Dawg 22 shorthuh... Uncle Matt, i think you arejelious that we can take 12 a season. Some old boy killed one up around Atlanta 2-3 years ago that went 300+. They did a feature on him in Georgia Outdoor News. Supposadly years ago ourheards went way down. So they imported a bunch of western and Canandian animals. Ireckon some ofthosegeans are still floating around.We can hunt from the middle of Sept. to the first part on January too. As for being over gunned. It seems like every body today thinks that bigger and faster means better. I am not looking forward to dropping the hammer on that thing myself. At least they didn't come in a mountain rifle version.
1. Is that a Jell-O product? (I certainly would not be jealous of taking that many deer - I don't need that much meat. What would 12 Georgia deer net? About 300 pounds? LOL)

2. Of course they did a feature on him. Because that is WAY OFF THE NORM!

3. Supposedly? Well is it true or not?

4. geans? Is that like a bean in Levi's?

5. Do you know TDWW? Relation maybe? He is the only other person (?) that seems to believe otherwise. It is a fact that the further south you go the smaller the body size of animals. I forget what the scientific wording for it is. Any scientists out there.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking a 300 mag is overkill for smaller bodied southern whitetails - that is all.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Iron sights do not prevent stupidity either.I have seen people shoot many rounds trying to adjust iron sights.Some people have trouble understanding which way to drive the front or rear sights.

Let me add one to that

#4 Makes me glad my sites are DEAD ON! (But if they werernt I can resight my gun with no probs)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

O.K. spell check doesn't work. It was still a big flippin' deer. And i don't know for, but i am not calling the old man told me that a lier.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe he has never been shown the proper sighting technique. Take him and show him how.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:15 PM

300 UM might not be too big for southern whitetails, but it is too big for most southern whitetail hunters.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a good bore sighter and I always use it. I still fire my first shot at 25 yards and its usually within one inch. I am not going to blast away five or ten shots at a distant target then end up moving it in closer. Thats just How I do it.