HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hard headed people
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hard headed people

ORIGINAL: Crew Dawg 22 shorthuh... Uncle Matt, i think you arejelious that we can take 12 a season. Some old boy killed one up around Atlanta 2-3 years ago that went 300+. They did a feature on him in Georgia Outdoor News. Supposadly years ago ourheards went way down. So they imported a bunch of western and Canandian animals. Ireckon some ofthosegeans are still floating around.We can hunt from the middle of Sept. to the first part on January too. As for being over gunned. It seems like every body today thinks that bigger and faster means better. I am not looking forward to dropping the hammer on that thing myself. At least they didn't come in a mountain rifle version.
1. Is that a Jell-O product? (I certainly would not be jealous of taking that many deer - I don't need that much meat. What would 12 Georgia deer net? About 300 pounds? LOL)

2. Of course they did a feature on him. Because that is WAY OFF THE NORM!

3. Supposedly? Well is it true or not?

4. geans? Is that like a bean in Levi's?

5. Do you know TDWW? Relation maybe? He is the only other person (?) that seems to believe otherwise. It is a fact that the further south you go the smaller the body size of animals. I forget what the scientific wording for it is. Any scientists out there.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking a 300 mag is overkill for smaller bodied southern whitetails - that is all.