Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 People just think to hard >

People just think to hard

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

People just think to hard

Old 08-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default People just think to hard

I think it's kinda funny about the public land I hunt on.It's aprox. 200 acres of corps property all around the lake area.
I have sat the last several weekends and watched numerous deer within the first 100 yards of the entrance to the property which I hunt the same area every year and every year I am lucky enough to get a nice buck.
I know the majority of the others who hunt down there because it is bow only area and they all seem to go a mile or so into the area to hunt [:-].I dont care to walk any further than I have to.Well needles to say they go bumbling around and drive the deer closer to me .
My question is how many people experianced this besides me.I only have to drag my deer at the most 100 or so yards and there has been alot of time I helped drag deer out for a mile or so.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: People just think to hard

It's more common than you think...but don't let everyone know, cause then they'll get smart and then I'd have to go further in just to find a spot.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people think too hard. Some people talk too much.

Seein' as how you're being so generous.... Wanna give us the GPS coordinates to your favorite fishin' hole while you're at it?[8D]
Old 08-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Over the years I seen many deer bedded down in thick brush next to the road and hunting parking lots. Kind of humorous.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:52 AM

Consider yourself lucky. As a ruel of thumb most people are to lazy to walk in a mile so that's where a lot of people go to avoid unwanted pressure. If it's backwars where you hunt I wouldn't share that info with the locals.

What probably benefits you most is that it is bow hunting only. Deer in a bow only zone virtually never see the pressure that deer do where the orange army invades. It sounds like you've got a great spot. Hopefully it'll produce again for you this year.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

bubba,

No, it's not just you. I have seen this happen before also. I once wound up hunting about 60 yards from my truck. I was going in 3/4 of a mile and seeing more hunters than deer and then getting back to the truck and seeing deer. So the next time I hunted, I climbed up about 60 yards from the parking area and watched everyone come and go. I killed a 9 pt and doe and saw several other bucks that first day.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

How could they go a mile deep on 200 acres?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The deer are where the deer are. I try and hunt as close to the truck as I need to.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:57 PM

deer arent dumb. they patern hunters and know where they need to go to avoid them.
raim
Old 08-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i hunt public land for deer which is rare, ill wait for pheasant season and let the bird hunters push the deer to me

Quick Reply: People just think to hard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.