Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 remington trigger >

remington trigger

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington trigger

Old 05-18-2006, 08:02 PM

Default remington trigger

I bought a 6mm remington abouttwo weeks ago and finally got to shoot it today. I was very happy, so far i was shooting 100grain remington just to break it in and i getting a one hole group at 50 yards, so far so good. The trigger pull does suck though, can it be easily fixed or is it something for an experenced gun smith.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington trigger

I do all of my trigger work,just follow the instructions...

http://www.quarterbore.com/library/articles/rem700trigger.html
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp
Old 05-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SCOTT78

I bought a 6mm remington abouttwo weeks ago and finally got to shoot it today. I was very happy, so far i was shooting 100grain remington just to break it in and i getting a one hole group at 50 yards, so far so good. The trigger pull does suck though, can it be easily fixed or is it something for an experenced gun smith.
Scott, is easy to do all of the basic trigger adjustments your self. However if you trigger is inherently in poor shape, (meaning the surfaces are rough or uneven)there is nothing you can do about that by yourself.

A quality gunsmith with both adjust, and polish, a trigger...

Normally, I would have a perfect triggersmith to suggest to you, however he just suffered a severe accident and he will be backloged for awhile.

Note: Also keep in mind, the adjustment screws have a sealent over them, you will need to break those seals in order to do any work on the trigger...once those seals are broken...you will void the factory warranty on theentire gun...
Old 05-19-2006, 07:48 PM

You should have no problems getting a clean crisp trigger if it is in good shape still. I have gotten my model 700 .223 and newer 700 BDL down to about 3 pounds which is the way I like it as long as their is minimal travel and a crisp release.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the info. guys. It shoots better than i thought it would with factory ammo, but there is no squeezing the trigger (it would take for ever lol) and i know once i dont have to jerk it will help me become a better shooter.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a little time before you need your trigger done, any you want it done right...Here is the man to send to send it to.

http://www.triggersmith.com/about.html

Not only will you get a custom quality trigger, his services will only cost you 40$ round trip...absolutly worth the price.

Unfortunatley,Jim was just in a major accident and I don't expect he will be taking any new orders for at least a few weeks...
Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 AM

The triggers can definatly be fixed yourself but I'm sure there would be a gunsmith close by to you that could do it for a good price. In my hometown the guy I took it to charged me 15 dollars to fix the trigger on my 700 and my mod 70.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a new Model Seven SS and the only complaint I have is the trigger. Talk about creep!! Gonna get a GS to toss in a new trigger. Prob a timmney(sp)
Old 05-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not only will you get a custom quality trigger, his services will only cost you 40$ round trip...absolutly worth the price.

Unfortunatley,Jim was just in a major accident and I don't expect he will be taking any new orders for at least a few weeks...
I can vouch for his work..absolutely topnotch
Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I can vouch for his work..absolutely topnotch
Yes, I am having him work on my Tar-hunt trigger, unfortunately itwill be a few weeks until he is recouperated from his accident.

Quick Reply: remington trigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.