Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning

Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM

Default RE: Browning

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I have a friend who owns a Browning BLR in 7mm Rem. Mag.; It has to have the worst trigger I have ever felt.
But how do you like the rest of the 7mm BLR??
Old 05-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pparrish

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger
On 24hourcampfire there is a thread you may find interesting on the BLR
I went over there and read a few of the posts but was there a particular one you had in mind for me to read? I didn't register there, so search option is not there for me.
Here is one
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=667458&an=0& page=0#667458
here is another
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=88094
last one
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=76081
Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read those pieces myself and I think the guy that had problems with him and the sales clerk at the store are full of sh@@t. AS for people favoring the steel over aluminum so be it. I had 2 steel guns and saw nothing they would do over the aluminum reciever but weigh more. To each his own and more internet hearsay.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Browning A-Bolt composite hunter in 308. Its a true tack driver. Everything I have tried in it shoots well under 3/4 inch. A friend of mine does Browning triggers to perfection and they are very simple. You can order the reduced weight kit. Mine is to light right now but my friend is a target shooter and he set it for target shooting. No way could I use it for hunting if I had to wear gloves. You would never even feel the trigger until it was to late. He says he can set it up a little stiffer. There was no crepe what-so-ever but the factory setting was probably 6-7 lbs. I would guess its somewhere under one lb now. This gun is light weight though and the recoil is stiff to say the least.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:38 PM

The Browning BLR in .300 Win. Mag. is 7.75 lbs without scope.
The Remington 700 in .300 Win. Mag. is 7.5 lbs without scope.

I've shot the Remington 700 and I'm fine with the kick.
So, I can handle the kick of the magnums but will the BLR stand the test of time in the magnum?
After the process of finding the ammo the rifle likes and getting it sighted in, the rifle will be shot just a few times a year (zero check and then the kill shot).
Old 05-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The BLR has been chambered in 7mag for several years.
Ohio is a shotgun only state so I have no use for a good lever. I only usemy 308for paper punching
Old 05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pparrish:

The trigger on my friends had a lot of travel before one felt any resistance, did dot break cleanly, had a lot of over travel, and was set at 5lbs. I think the Browning BLR is a fine rifle with the exception of the trigger. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Spike

there still seems to problems with blr triggers. I posted how I fixed mine a while back.search back a year for (blr triggers how to fix). print it and take it to your gunsmith .Other than it will void your warrenty I dont know why gunsmiths are afraid to work on them. the only way to change the pull is to change the sear spring.