Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Magna-port Fiasco Question >

Magna-port Fiasco Question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Magna-port Fiasco Question

Old 10-29-2002, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Magna-port Fiasco Question

How long would you expect it to take if you had your rifle magna-ported? A buddy dropped his rifle off around the first week of August and is still waiting. It's a sporting goods store and they drop the gun off at a local gunsmith's. When my buddy calls to check, they put it off on the gunsmith and act irritated that he keeps calling and bothering them about it. I thought the guy said it would be ready in 2 to 3 weeks. Now it's going on 3 months and hunting season is right around the corner. He also bought a Zeiss scope and was having them put it on. He paid up front and can't get a straight answer as to when he can get his rifle. What's the deal?

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-29-2002, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Magna-port Fiasco Question

I would think if you sent something to Magna-Port that it would be 2 weeks at most turnaround. MOst places that install muzzle brakes do them in 7-10 days. Sounds like the local sports shop is playing the blame game.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter who's to blame, that rifle needs to come home. With the Magna-port or not. It needs to be taken to the range and sited in and we have very few weekends left. I think they got around $750 that day in early August and the rifle is MIA.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-29-2002, 03:11 PM
bigcountry

Well, if you go to Magna ports homepage, they even tell you it will average around 3 weeks to do the job. Now take into account the third party delay of sporting goods and gunsmith and shipping and handling, I would say a good month and half.