Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Benelli M1 Field

Old 10-28-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Benelli M1 Field

Anyone out there have or know someone who has a Benelli M1 Field shotgun? I'm looking for a great action, tough , synthetic stocked duck gun. I don't want to spend Super black eagle money and don't need a 3 1/2". I understand that the M1 Field has the same action as the Super black eagle. Any feedback is much appreciated. I posted this here because I want this to gun to be my main duck gun.

Remi700
I posted this question in the waterfowl section and got a few responses, but thought I 'd open it up to a bigger forum. The M1 Field goes for $800 + so this is not an easy decision.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:24 AM

Default RE: Benelli M1 Field

The Benelli shotguns are recoil inertia operated. Very simple action, easy to clean and extremely fast cycling. I had a M1 tactical with 8 round magazine. It was stated in the owners manual that you can fire all 8 rounds before the first shell hits the ground. I could only get seven. It will also fire any commercial load without jamming because they don't rely on gas pressure to cycle. I have mixed the loads in mine. Eight different loads from 2" low base 8s to a 3" slug in the tube and I rapidly fired all of them with out a problem. The only draw back I can see to a Benelli is the price.

To save the world from stupid people remove all warning labels and let nature take it's course.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:48 PM

The Benelli M-1 is a great shotgun, I also own one in the M-1 Super 90 tactical shotgun 8 round magazine and it's sweet. The design of the action is very simplistic and should be perfect for waterfowl hunting. The fit and finish of the gun are the way a gun should be made and the synthetic stock is a good one. If you choose one of these guns, i know that the price is higher, but you won't be sorry you spent the extra money.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

With some things you get what you pay for...Any Benelli is worth the price...simply superior shotguns.