Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 flight controlled wad >

flight controlled wad

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

flight controlled wad

Old 04-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Default flight controlled wad

I realize this is not a post about a firearm, but didn't know where to go withthis ammo question. Has anyone bought and shot Federal flight controled wad 3 1/2" shells.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: flight controlled wad

this is the right place for such topics i think.....welcome aboard also!! i dont shot 3 1/2 inch...but have the 3 inch in #4s....my factory choke they didnt do a whole lot....but if the pattern dont kill the turkey the wad sure might!! no joke i was putting holes in my target at pretty far away...when i switched chokes ALL my patterns looked alot better....some guns and chokes love that load from what ive heard...others hate it...buy a box of the lead shot after turkey season at walmart...they should have it marked down to just a couple bucks a box......thats when i stock pile turkey loads! lol...when i get bored over the summer and feel like puttin alot of holes in somethin and whackin myself in the shoulder i dont feel bad about burnin up turkey loads when i got them for a couple bucks a box! none of my stores have the hevi shot or the federal version hevi shot this year though...im stumped as to why they dont.....kinda mad too.....i love that stuff pattern wise......havent shot a bird with it yet..(i shot the remington hevishot....no the federal..i cant find the federal for some reason! theres like a turkey load shortage here or something!)
Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with mauser06, I use the 3" 5s, but compared to Remington and another I was using, there were about 5-10 more pellets on average in the vitals, so I made the switch and drop one last spring. Got a new Star Dot choke to try, but got to wait till fall and back from here! And I also think the wad could get em too! [8D]
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Devistating out of my 870 supermag with a Primos tightwad choke!! 14 bb's at 60 yards in the vitals!

Worth the money!!

Rolled a 26.5 lbr at over 55 yards this year, AND BROKE HIS WING! 1 shot kill.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot flightcontrolled wads in 3in #6's. i dropped a bird at close to 50 yards this year. i don't use a special choke only a factory Reming extra full. i'm thoroughly impressed they completely blew away all of the other shells i tried.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:34 PM

get my vote too. i use 3" 5's and had more then deadly patterns out to 60yrds with my remington 870
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I will give the a ride in the 835 Ulti-mag and let you know happens. God bless you JL and all of those like you, serving our country, best of luck and praying for your safe return!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 PM

Shot tight patterns with 3"#6 shot at 40 yards. The wads also lined up nice and neat in front of my boxes I was shooting at. Didnt know it was a duplex load.Wad has great aerodynamics. LOL!!!! A little heavier and its slug time.