Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 10-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2002, 11:06 PM
BT
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good Poll Question

no
L. O. D. Charter member and L.O.S.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:31 AM

YES

Old 10-25-2002, 03:16 AM

YES
Old 10-25-2002, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

...NO....

..JESUS IS COMING BACK BE READY...
Old 10-25-2002, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. Unless you go out with a flintlock. Then your hunting with a primitive weapon.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-25-2002, 07:24 AM
bigcountry

Nope, I mean, what besides maint is so different between my percussion sidelock and my knight MK. The velocity is a little faster, but you still don't have that devistating effect you do with a rifle. Last night, I shot a doe with my muzzleloader. She ran and ran with a good broadside shot. Very little internal damage, very small exit wound compared to my 270 Win. Yes, that 1000 fps increase makes all the difference. When we get past the 2400fps mark, I might consider it.

Old 10-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why can't we just hunt with the weapon of our choice without having to constantly justify it to the rest of the hunting community? Its bad enough having to deal with the anti's much less hunters. Sure inlines give some advantages, but not enough to make them near a modern metallic cartridge arm.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

THANK YOU FRIZZELLR,
I hate hearing this junk every year.Hunt how ever it is leagle,make good clean kills and eat what you shoot and everyone should be happy!!

Old 10-25-2002, 09:47 AM

"Modern" muzzleloaders are still muzzleloaders. They just are made to look like a bolt action rifle. You still have the same components and the same basic function. Advertising hype will lead us to believe the new style guns are easier to deal with and dont have to be cleaned, but thats just not true. Its still a muzzleloader whether it looks like Davy Crockets gun or a raygun from starwars. No they shouldnt be excluded from the muzzleloader seasons. I personally would be in favor of more states having a flintlock only season though to preserve the flavor of primitive style firearms hunting, but Im not going out to campaign for it. Like these other guys said, just hunt with whats legal and dont worry about it. I hunt with my flintlock every year. If you like to hunt with your inline thats your business.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.