Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 left handed Ruger 7mm rem. mag? >

left handed Ruger 7mm rem. mag?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

left handed Ruger 7mm rem. mag?

Old 03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default left handed Ruger 7mm rem. mag?

i really like the look of the stainless steel M77 with the laminated stock but before i purchase it i would like a couple of questions answered. from reading some previous posts i've learned that a lot of them require a trigger job. other thanthat are these rifles generally accurate shooters? also, is the 7mm mag generally an accurate cartridge? i know that accuracymainly depends on the shooter and certain rifles shoot better than others with certain loads. if i do my part (shooting wise) can i expect this rifle/cartridge combo to be accurate? are the laminated stocks durable, do they chip easy? as a whole how are the Ruger m77's?
Old 03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: left handed Ruger 7mm rem. mag?

I had a 7MM LH Ruger rifle some years back. They will probably need a trigger job to work real well. Trigger jobs on Rugers are not usually real expensive. My last one cost 40.00 and came out real well. Mine was the wood stock but I have a couple synthetics. The stocks held up well. No problems at all. Mine was pretty darn accurate. You can't always bet that Ruger rifles will be real accurate but they usually are and playing with the tension on the angled action screw will usually bring them around. I have been pretty happy with the many Ruger rifles I have owned. If they have a draw back, it seems to be the short Magazine box. Sometimes you can't seat bullets out to the lands and still have them feed through the box.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

My rugers have always shot good. I put timney triggers on them they cost just under $100. I have a 300winne ss/laminated and it has held up great to all I could throw at it. you should be very happy with the 7mm mag/ruger I bet if you do your part nothing in the land will be safe.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the exact gun you are talking about......it shoots absolutely incredible!!! Mine is LH also.....SS barrel gray laminate stock and Timney trigger ($115 installed) . The ONLY complaint I have is the finish on the laminate has dulled significantly. To the point where if you wipe a smidge of gun oil onthe wood you say "man I wished it looked like that again"! Mine is 5 years old, I guess I will have to look into coating it with something, but its no big deal right now. If you reload, let me know I have a great load worked up for 140 gr Nosler B/T/s!!!!

Old 03-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

mossy, is that a recent pic? if so the stock still looks great.is the stock completelylaminated, under the barrel and receiver?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CAM2

mossy, is that a recent pic? if so the stock still looks great.is the stock completelylaminated, under the barrel and receiver?
yes, I snapped the picture 5 min before I posted it. It is completely laminated, and the picture makes it look glossier then it really is. It doesnt look bad by any means, but it could look alot better if it had some sort of clear coat on it to give it a nice shine.