Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
SigArms Blaser >

SigArms Blaser

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SigArms Blaser

Old 10-23-2002, 08:46 PM

Default SigArms Blaser

Lots of ads for this on the outdoor channel. Any opinions, experiences on this out there?

"Size isn't important, but it HELPS!!!"
Old 10-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SigArms Blaser

Sig makes very fine weapons.But if I were in the market for an interchangeable barrel rifle,I'd really consider the SigArms 202.The Blaser has the pull-back bolt,which is really slick,but when you take the barrel off,the scope comes off with it-meaning either you remount the scope on the other barrel or buy additional scopes for each barrel.With the 202,the scope stays mounted on the receiver and just needs some final sighting in.If you plan on getting differant calibers,the 202 would definitely be more cost-efficient.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:43 AM

If your going to buy a Blazer 93, you might want to make sure that it passed the recent recall. I'm not 100% sure, but there is a part that should have been stainless steel and mistakenly some regular steel was used. If used in heavy moisture areas this part will corrode and possibly cause a misfire when the safety is on.

Other than that, I know someone who has this gun and absolutely loves it. One gun for all uses, just change the barrel with two screws, put in the new mag and away you go. (I might have over simplified it but it looked really easy)

The scope issue is a good one though, I guess you could use detachable mounts, atleast that's what my friend had.

Old 10-24-2002, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you can replace a closet full of guns with one great one that's how I see it. I was in the market for one recently and it was a 7 mag w/ a 338 win mag barrel and the cost was reasonable I thought and you need to buy 2 scopes for a combo like that anyway. If your a traveler and fly to a lot of spots that is the way to go break it down and put it in a small metal case and your good to go. Probably has the best trigger I have ever squeezed.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

if its anything like their pistols its gota be nothing but top quality...i love the p226...i want one of their rifles...maybe as my next rifle thats what i will buy..i doubt they will scimp on quality on their rifles..ive shot about 25 diffrent sig pistols and they all shot great..and never had any problems at all...