Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Colt Trooper >

Colt Trooper

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Colt Trooper

Old 02-15-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Colt Trooper

Does anyone have experience with one of the older Colt troopers in .38spl?? I've found one that i REALLY like and think it would make a great carry gun. It's got a little blue worn off around the muzzle and a small spot on the cylinder, but thats about it. It has hammer-mounted firing pin, adjustable sight,and black grips.

The serial #(edited for internet use) is 9070XX. I'm guessing that it was made in the early 50's just going by info in the gun traders guide. $300 will buy the gun, leather police duty holster he bought the gun in, and pay the taxes, so basically 300 out the door for gun and holster. The holster was older but seemed to be of excellent quality, cant remember the name but he had $45 on it seperately from the gun.

The current owner said he bought it and an officers model, that he also had in the shop, out of a collection. I trust this guy and have bought several guns from him, so i THINK its a decent price. Anybody have opinions on the trooper? Accuracy, quality, price?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Colt Trooper

They were a pretty decent gun. In their day they were a bit overpriced IMO. I had one in 357 for several years. It was pretty darn accurate. I had to have it retimed once.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the timing is good, go for it. Colts have always been pricy but I like the workmanship. I would like to have a trooper myself. Don't want to pay the nickels for a python.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:45 AM

bump