Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ithica Model 37 Featherlight >

Ithica Model 37 Featherlight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ithica Model 37 Featherlight

Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Ithica Model 37 Featherlight

Ihave an Ithica model 37 Featherlight that was handed down to me by me grandfather and I absolutely love it. I just wanted some fans of the gun out there or those who just know alot about it to tell some stories.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ithica Model 37 Featherlight

I have had for awile, onething I like the most is, if you hold the trigger, ever time you pump it goes off. This gun can really shoot.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 PM

I've had one for many years and I love it.The gun shoots where I aim it and is very reliable,although I haven't tried holding the trigger back I havn't needed it to shoot that fast, but this is interesting!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:45 PM

I grew up 45 miles north of the Ithaca Factory, and have been hunting with Ithacas for 18 years. Shot my first deer with my father's 16 guage, a perfect gun for the young kid that I was. Have shot numerous deer with my brother's Deerslayer II, one really accurate gun. Love that they are bottom eject, and every one I own cycles as smooth as a silk. The remington 870 never "fit" me right, but the Ithaca is like an extension of my arm. Top quality barrels and actions. Can usually shoot 3" groups at 100 yards with my smoothbore deerslayer and open sights. Great on everything from coyotes to pheasants to deer. They are light weight and perfect for carrying all day. They do have a "healthy kick" though. You will love it and you have received a great gift.

KEJ
Old 02-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jci63

I have had for awile, onething I like the most is, if you hold the trigger, ever time you pump it goes off. This gun can really shoot.
yep Dad got his when he graduated High school in '70 and it still rocks.........you can rest assured the next time it comes outta the rack, I WILL be trying this!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:40 AM

I have one that has Pheasants with scenery engraved on both sides of the receiver. Nice gun that has killed many Grouse, Pheasants, and even a few turkeys.

Fat-Arrow
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

I shot my first turkey with a ithace model 37.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jci63

I may be trying this, too.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Let me tell ya somthing, the Ithaca model 37 is a great gun all around. When I first started hunting and didnt have the money to buy a gun, a very nice gentleman let me use his 16 gauge for my first deer season. My first session at the range with it was a bit humbling for me because i didnt know how to use the sights properly. My father and the gentleman kept telling me to put that bead right on the target. After about 11 shots I handed the gun over to the gentleman and said " there must be something wrong with this gun". He proceeded to take the gun from my hands and walk back to the trap boxes (which are 114 yards from the targets) then he loaded the old ithaca up with five rounds, and with an extreme lightning speed, aimed and fired all 5 rounds into the target. When we walked to the target i was absolutely amazed that i could barely fit my middle finger and my index finger in the extremely tight group from the five rounds. Then the older gentleman handed me back the gun and smiled with a grin that i will never forget as he said, "there's nothing wrong with that gun" The more i practiced with the gun the more deadly accurate the gun became in my hands and the longer i used it, the more i appreciated its dependability and design. I now currently own 43 long guns and 4 of them are Ithaca model 37's. You indeed sir have a wonderfull gun