Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Knight Revolution VS. TC Omega

Old 01-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Knight Revolution VS. TC Omega

Boy's i'm in the market for a muzzle loader and was wondering if any of you guys couldgive me some pro's & con's on these two?.....or if you care to suggest another quality M.Loader...Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Knight Revolution VS. TC Omega

You just can't go wrong with a Knight or a TC... Best ML's out there... One exception would be if you want to shoot smokeless powder than you will have to go with the Savage.

In comparison the only real difference to me is that the Knight requires a DISC to prime the rifle whereas the TC does not... Some like this because you can do it easier with your fingers although I never have problems with the TC... To me it adds another "thing" I have to deal with... Both guns will be very accurate, both guns have a very good reputation, both guns are very well made, both guns will last you a lifetime....

Having said that what do I shoot? TC OMEGA SS Laminated Thumbhole Stock...

Am I happy with the results??????????? >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 AM
jjo

ng i shoot the omega. its easy to use. it is deadly accurate. as for the knight i can't help you. mtcw.

jjo
Old 01-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks NG, I really appreciate that info...how difficult is it to clean the TC?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

I find it VERY easy to clean the TC Omega... I shoot American Pioneer Powder which to me is A LOT cleaner than triple 7. It is also cheaper, but can be somewhat difficult to find. I don't find it necessary to run a patch between shots... Although I find it slightly more accurate if I do.

To deep clean, drop the trigger guard and unscrew the breech plug... Pretty simple... I am sure that the Knight is just as easy to clean. I just want to make sure you understand that I am not trying to tout the TC as your only option... Knight makes fine rifles as well.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Gotcha, thanks again for the info..by the way, great deer!!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Spike

Garminator:

This will be my first post so bare with me if I break with the culture of the group. There is a black powder group where this question might be better placed. The folks there helped me get started in black powder and they have had very good answers to all of my questions. I bet you will find shooters with first had experience with both of the guns you are looking at.

Just my $0.02, you should find both guns in a local shop and hold them. Both TC and Knight make great guns. It will be a question of what you like and what fits you the best.

Personally, I shoot a CVA Kodiak 209 in 50 Caliber. I like the gun and for me it works well. If the issue of barrel proofing does not bother you then I suggest looking at CVA and Traditions for good low price guns. New England Firearms also makes a gun that has good reviews from what I heave read.

I might add, check your local laws to see just what is legal and what is not.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for your help Ford, I appreciate it.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:02 PM

ive got an omega and love it super easy to clean and dead acurate. i shot a doe with it at 218 yrds this past fall and dropped her in her tracks. 150gr. triple 7 and a 240gr. hornady hp.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:48 PM
bigcountry

I love Knights. I have had a few and currently have lowered my stock down to one disc elite. But I don't like the revolution. Its a gun they have tried to make look like a rolling block or something. More astetic and not functional. The vision on the other hand is a different story. I would pick the omega over the two.

Quick Reply: Knight Revolution VS. TC Omega

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.