Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Winchester going under >

Winchester going under

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester going under

Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester going under

thats why i always buy guns made in the USA, whats gonna happen when all the the firearms factories close up shop in the USA and all we have left to depend on is foreign gun makers and the libs pass a bill that kills all imports of firearms??? forget about saving that $50 buying a weatherby vanguard or Howa rifle and get ya a savage or remington instead i dont mind paying an extra 50 to 100 bucks knowing my purchase helps keep gun manufacurers open for business on our soil.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't spend money on inferior products. I won't pay extra just to pad the pockets of the fat union president who is running a factory into the ground.

If there is demand, someone will set up a factory to produce rifles. As it stands now, Remington and Winchester have been competing for the last 5 years to produce the most absurd magnum chambering to try to lure a few new gun sales in a saturated market.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Briman

I won't spend money on inferior products. I won't pay extra just to pad the pockets of the fat union president who is running a factory into the ground.

If there is demand, someone will set up a factory to produce rifles. As it stands now, Remington and Winchester have been competing for the last 5 years to produce the most absurd magnum chambering to try to lure a few new gun sales in a saturated market.
good point, yea kinda saw through that with all the new short magnums lol. what gets me is the 300 win mag is a very accurate cartidge and winchester kept playing on that their 300 wsm was even more accurate and better because it was a short action cartridge but in all honesty its not nearly as good and the 300 winnie becuase the 300 wsm is limited to the lighter pill weights.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I heard or read somewhere some time ago that Winchester had moved some of it's facilities to Japan----- or was it that some Japanese mfg. firm was / is / are making guns under the Winchester brand name ??
Old 01-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Kinda makes you wonder what's gong to happen to the price of the rifles that are out there now? Go up or come down?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I heard that the plant in New Haven, Connecticutt, was closing. I don't know that this means the whole Winchester firearms product line will be discontinued. Does anyone have any comments or speculations about this point -- does this mean the Winchester Model 70 line will become unavailable, for example? One point I heard was that the Olin company, perhaps located in Utah, had purchased the Winchester name or the US Repeating Arms name: this implied to me that production would continue, but I may be reading the wrong things into this.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:07 AM

Here is an AP report someone posted on AT
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=272188
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

bige1769:

That link contained an article that pretty much says it all. When the plant closes, manufacture of the Model 70 and Model 94 shuts down. There were other models mentioned also.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

SAY WHAT?!?!?!

No more Model 70?? ...and worse, no more timeless, classic, legendary Model 94???
This can't be... This is un-American... This is sacrilegious!!!! [:'(][&o]

Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what will be the effect to the WSM and WSSM cartridges? Will they still be produced?

What about other Winchester ammo. I particularyl like the 223 White box ammo for plinking with my AR.

Tom

Quick Reply: Winchester going under

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.