Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sako rebarreling >

sako rebarreling

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sako rebarreling

Old 01-14-2006, 04:48 PM

Default sako rebarreling

If I wanted to put a different ss barrel on my sako 75, what does this entail? What should I expect to pay? Should I buy the barrel or let the smith buy it too? Does anybody know what the contour on my sako 75 ss/syn 7 rem mag would be? thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 04:53 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: sako rebarreling

I don't know of too many drop in replacements. Everytime I have ordered a barrel, they say it should be real close, but the smith still has to do some fitting to my stock.

Go to Dan Lilja webpage, and measure your contour with your barreled action out of the stock. Then find the one closest. Order the blank. Find a good gunsmith to thread and chamber, crownand bed, and your done. Sometimes your smith will order one for you. But you might find them cheaper on your own. I know sinclair intl has them in stock.