Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BAIKAL IZH27

Old 01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default BAIKAL IZH27

If you own, ownedor used a Baikal IZH27 O/U shotgun I'd like to here your opinion on it. (PROs and CONs) I own one and shot trap with it for 3/4 of a season and i'm not thrilled with it at all. Never hunted with it and I load my own shells.
Thanks for your input!
tow2atm
Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BAIKAL IZH27

tow2atm

I own and shoot one and I really like it - for the price I paid it it really is ok.

I wish it had a better selectable trigger system and I am sure it could or would if I wanted to pay for it.

I wish the stock was a true trap stock also but again I got what I paid for. And really it is sold as a "sporting clay" gun.

I am not the greatest trap shooter in the world anyway and most of my problems are my fault not the guns.

I wish the ports were drilled on a reverseangle instead of straight, wouldn't collect as much plastic fouling.

All these little cosmetic things, but then agian I didn't pay thousands for it.

You also realize Remington has bought the rights to the Baikal imports and is now importing them under the Name Spartan Arms....

http://www.spartangunworks.com/home.htm

Old 01-05-2006, 12:29 PM

I'm sure they are o.k. for light hunting use, but not extended shooting. A couple of guys at our local range bought then as skeet guns and both died on the range. Of course these guys put more rounds throught a shotgun in a day than many hunters will put in a year.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tony Orlando and Dawn

I have had mine for about 3 years now - shoot couple 100 rounds a week for 10 weeks at the local trap and sofar mine is hanging in there. Remember the 27 has chrome barrels - how chrome? - I do not know.

+ I almost forgot - they have a lifetime replacement - they will not fix them but they will replace them.