Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Daughter wants a .32 >

Daughter wants a .32

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Daughter wants a .32

Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Daughter wants a .32

My adult daughter in Kansas City wants a pistol so I took her out and we put 75 rounds of .44 special thru my Ruger to see if she is serious. She had a whee of a time so I took her to a couple shops where she could see what all was available.The Ruger SBH I have was a little heavy for her. She hefted the various single and double actions, but just did not take a shine to the autos. I also asked her to take a close look at a .380 auto, which she did, but just no appeal. Last piece I took her to was a Ruger New Model Single 6 with a bird's head handle in .32 H&R Magnum. She really liked that. Fit her hand just fine! So that is probably the direction we will go. Looks like a perfect poker piece, too. :-) Well, it is no bear gun but it will sure clear the bobcats out of her rucksack.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Daughter wants a .32

My wife has the .22/.22 magnum single six in stainless and absolutely loves it. The sights are adjustable, the ammo fairly inexpensive, and it is quite accurate. She also has the Beretta Tomcat .32 auto for conceal carry, but you have to be within about 2' to hit anything with it.She prefers the revolver.

I'm sure the ruger .32 is also a nice gun, just gotta find someplace that carries the ammo.

KEJ
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

If your daughter likes the 32HR, that is what I would get her. She is the one shooting it,can't fit something in one's hand if they don't like it!!! Zeak
Old 01-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could look into a 357mag. They make those in smaller models. She could shoot 38's thru it until she is ready for 357 loads.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Got a single six in 32 mag myself- with about a 9 inch barrel(cant remember how long exactly ,but long) but its a real nice gun. Wish it did have those birds head grips- i really like those.

Yes iagree that ammo isnt so commen tho in 32 mag

Was looking at a 44 berretta single action with those birdgrips to - it was very nice.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah--- If she liked the Ruger with the bird's head grips, then that's probably what she should have. After a few practice sessions with it,ammo consumption may go down anyhow. Good shootin---
Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 PM

nothing wrong with a 32 unless she wants to do more than shoot targets or pop cans. self defence my little girl will have a 357 or even a 9mm at least.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt that the .32 will ever be fired in anger. At the same time, I have known detectives that carried the old .32 revolvers and they knew what was at stake.

Don't ever volunteer to stand downrange. If you survive it, you will need a skilled surgeon. And if you are up against the likes of Baby Face Nelson, who took 17 rounds and was mortally wounded several times over yet took out 2 G-men, .... you are destined for the heavenly choir no matter what.

Hype does not worry me. Marksmanship does.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing wrong with a .32 for self defense. Better than nothing at all.