Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 This is the most awesome looking gun EVER! >

This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

Ill take the trg in 338 lapua
Old 01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I have to admit I like it. For the simple reason of: it's unique. If you look at a lot of bolt actions they all look so similar this will set winchester apart. Until now the Browning Eclipse looked very unique but winchester has just taken it a step farther. It looks to me a very exciting design. For that purpose I have to respect winchester for it. As for shot placement and practicality..... if it shoots well then they may have found a new consumer nitch to sell in. If it catches the eye of younger hunters looking for a flamboyant "cool" looking gun that shoots well then all the more power to winchester for it. Would I buy one....hmmmmm...perhaps if the price point isn't tooooo high. Just to have it in my case sure. Would I buy it as my clean sweep go to rifle for all hunt's no. But I feel sure winchester thought all of this out before putting it out there. Just the same thought process for the '06 edition of the 30-06. With a cost of over $2000would I buy one of them.....hmmmmmm...perhaps if I could get out of paying a house payment for a month. And then it would have to do everything short of taking a s**t for me to justify it. It's all a trade off in my opinion. Ranchand99 if you like it then kick a@@ man, go for it and enjoy your excentric self.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

nice poster. hopefully it's not too front heavy. i don't like guns that are front heavy, rather the weight be centered or in the back end of the gun
Old 01-12-2006, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

I was checking out Winchesters new line,and came across this...

Found out they also are making an automatic now.What do ya'll think?

That is without a doubt, the ugliest rifle I have ever seen ever. There is no Walnut, no blue, no sights, and has holes all over the place and ugly. Of course, I'm 60 and stuck in my ways.Regards, Rick.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the TRG is the ugly one. Any synthetic gun is ugly to me plastic just doesnt cut the mustard.
Those arent holes in the gun they are white decals to give it that look, if you remove them it has a regular stock underneath. ;-)
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Those arent holes in the gun they are white decals to give it that look, if you remove them it has a regular stock underneath
From Winchester:

There’s never been a rifle that looks and performs like a Coyote Outback Stainless. The satin-finished gray laminated stock with extra bipod stud has been extensively lightened with flow-through cutaways in both the buttstock and fore-end areas, saving more than a pound of weight
Old 01-13-2006, 01:48 PM

I like this one better! same gun differant stock.Thinking of getting one.
http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=967&cat=001C

Would also think the fluted barrel and vented fore end would make for quicker cooling.
Ive never owned a Winchester are they known to be good shooters?
Old 01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Longrifle this ;-) means Im kidding ofcourse they are not decals. Lighten up dude life is too short.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

I was checking out Winchesters new line,and came across this...

Found out they also are making an automatic now.What do ya'll think?

Umm, no Browning is making an auto and Winchester is putting thier name on it.

Looks don't make it shoot any better.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

From Winchester:

There’s never been a rifle that looks and performs like a Coyote Outback Stainless. The satin-finished gray laminated stock with extra bipod stud has been extensively lightened with flow-through cutaways in both the buttstock and fore-end areas, saving more than a pound of weight
A pound of weight is extensive?

Quick Reply: This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.