Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 browning a-bolt >

browning a-bolt

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

browning a-bolt

Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 AM

Default browning a-bolt

I was just wondering if anyone shots a browning a-bolt? im sure lots do, because browning makes quality rifles. i was just wonder how do they shot? are they veryaccurate say like a remington?where i live u dont see very many people witha-bolts,mostly remington and winchester but i have seen and shot alot of browning bars and blrs. i am wonder this because i plan on buying an composite stalker a-bolt in 308 win. right now i shoot a remington 700 mountain lss chamber for 260 rem its an awsome little gun but i dont like how it dosent have a detachable megazine, i hate caring loose bullets inmy pocket (lol)
Old 12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: browning a-bolt

If you really want a detachable mag and accuracy is very important you might try a tikka t-3.The tikka magazine is much quicker and simpler than the a-bolts overly complicated system and all tikka rifles must shoot a 5 shot 1" group at 100 yards before being sold.Actually I prefer the remington detachable mag over the a-bolts as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Browning magazine system isn't very well suited for quick changes. They are on a floorplate swing out design, which is a joke if you ask me. The Tikka has a very quick and easy to change out magazine. Spare mags come at a very high cost for each rifle, I believe Brownings are in the 40-50 dollar range and Tikkas are a bit higher and they are harder to come by.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:35 PM

i just bought a 7mm-08 a-bolt this week and i am going to the range tomorrow,i think the 7mm-08 is a little better all the way around if you ask me,than the 308.which i also do have,in savage.my father inlaw bought a 308.a-bolt this year and it is a tack driver,especially after he installed the barrel de resonator.he shots the factory federal fusion ammo 150 out of it.go for the 7mm-08!!!!flater ,less wind drift,and greater energy.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

I own an A-bolt Stainless stalker 30-06with a BOSS and I feel it is a very accurate weapon. The reason I choose a browning was because of the shorter degree of bolt throw over the remington. I usually recycle the bolt while my gun is still on my shoulder and I found it to be easier to do when the bolt throw is 60 degreesrather than the amount found on the remington.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Jaybird,I have had 2 abolts,first one in 7mm mag witha 28" barrel. Nice gun and very accurate(traded it in ,barrel was too long for use in a treestand),second one is a 270wsm micro hunter which i love,I put a sims limbsaver and changed the trigger spring (which is vert easy even if you don't know much about that kind of stuff),it is my most accurate rifle using 140 grain accubond bullets. HIGHLY reccomend it.
Bill
Old 12-30-2005, 08:06 AM

he meant to say sims barrel de-resonator,they do work...
Old 12-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

first one in 7mm mag witha 28" barrel.
A bolts in 7mm remmagcome with a 26" barrel.Was this the original barrel?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

stubblejumper,the 26" barrel is the original barrel on the medalion model,the sims limbsaver is a recoil pad on my micro hunter & it works great.
Bill

Old 12-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never seen any a-bolt with a 28" barrel from the factory,hence my asking.Even the browning website doesn't show any a-bolt in 7mmremmag with a 28" barrel.

Quick Reply: browning a-bolt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.