Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which 200 dollar scope do you recommend >

Which 200 dollar scope do you recommend

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which 200 dollar scope do you recommend

Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which 200 dollar scope do you recommend

original: chasu
I personally would choose the VX II or Rifleman of the Leupold line over the VX I. Plenty of scope for another fifty bucks. I bought my VXII 3-9x40 New in the sealed plastic for 250.00. Has the Multicoat 4 and is heads over any of the scopes listed in your choices. Rifleman uses positive click windage and elevation which is an advancement over the VX I. Burris FF2 is another good scope, but not superior to the VX II by any stretch. VX I, possibly, but Burris has been a pain lately for service. Leupold is practically flawless when it comes to service. Just in case, I'd go Leupold because they WILL fix it or replace itif it breaks.
I'm not sure where you are getting your information on the Rifleman but it has friction adjustments just like the VX-I.

http://www.leupold.com/products/Info_Rifleman.htm

I have a VX-I on a muzzleloader and am quite happy with it, however it is not as bright as the Elite 3200 I have. The Elite 3200 is a great scope for the money.

I also like the Nikon Monarch, though I have never used it in the field. I may give it a try on my next rifle. You can get this excellent scope for 240 bucks from the optic zone. http://theopticzone.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=56

Old 12-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I much prefer the elite 3200 over the rifleman or vxi.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd second the Elite 3200. Another worthy of consideration is Sightron. For the $ they are very good, clear and lifetime warrantied.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 PM

If you are willing to shell out a little more, I would go for the Leupold VX-II. I've bought2 non Leupoldscopes in the past, Bushnell and Nikon, both scopes were NIB and defective! Both had to be returned to the manufacture. After all this hassle, I've stuck with Leupold and haven't looked back. You may pay a little more, but you get quality. All Leupolds come with a lifetime guarentee, you don't even needthe warranty card.

Just my 2 cents

You can get a Leupold VX-11 3x9x40 for $270 at https://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DSC&Cat egory_Code=vx2scopesleu
Old 12-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill put my vote in for the burris allso , great scope .
Better than leupoles cheaper scopes .
I tryed to get a new simmons , but everyone seems to have them on backorder .
I had a cabelas guide scope , and thank goodness for their return policy , it was junk .
Old 12-27-2005, 05:15 PM

Easy question....3X9 Burris with the Ballistic Plex reticle ....on sale at Midway for around 180 bucks....can't go wrong. Regards, Rick.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:59 PM

I think you should get the luepold Vx1 because my friend has one and it works really good for him and he also has a 270.
so i think that you should go with the leupold scope
Old 01-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I know you didn't mention this scope,but take a look at a Swift very good scope fore the money. Zeak
Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elite 3200 or Aetec... Have both and like both!!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zeak,
I have also heard good things about swift scopes, although I don't think they are that common. Although I have several Leupolds (the old Vari-x-II) and like them very much, I am disappointed by the way they've changed their product line with all these V-Xs. I feel like it has cheapened the entire brand name. The next scope I get will either be a burris or Nikon or swift perhaps or Zeiss (if I wait long enough).

Quick Reply: Which 200 dollar scope do you recommend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.