Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hehehe snicker snicker (50BMG) >

Hehehe snicker snicker (50BMG)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hehehe snicker snicker (50BMG)

Old 12-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hehehe snicker snicker (50BMG)

Rebel-Schuetzen
Rebel-Walnut
Old 12-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really envy you, Red--- This is gonna be some experience!!
Sure would like to see pics of the results, and hear the stories afterward----Please keep the rest of us posted, if you will. Thanks----
Old 12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

red now that i think about it i have heard before the the 50 is illegal for civilians over there and everything. and the whole thing about having to carry it.

i sure feel sorry for any animal that walks out in from of that beast while you're hunting. you said you're going to hunt out of a treestand right??? how are you going to get that into the tree???
Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 PM

Rebel those are Rebels with wood stocks. The one I borrowed is the tractical which is alloy and and basically a "skeleton" frame. Looks like one mean mother. LOL the guys at work were askin what Bradley it was stolen off of?

HKY I am going to "try" and use it from a steel 2 man ladder stand that has a steel shooting rail around it. Hopefully a piece of plywood and a sandbag will provide sufficient surface to secure the midsection. If not then I will just have to shoot it off the ground. I have a portable shooting bench so I might carry that along as well. The ladder section too the stand is only about 13'-14' tall so I should be able to get it up there with a lil gruntin and pullin. LOL I don't see my haul line working on this mother!

As much fun as this is gonna be I am practically giddy. You would think I was going after monster bucks in south TX and yet it is only some ol lop eared muley heads in westn TN.
RA
Old 12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol. Always use enough gun.

I wouldn't want to have to pack one of those or put it up in a treestand- maybe you can get a chainhoist?

The only one I've ever shot or ever seen for that matterbelonged to a guy who built it himself by machining his own receiver, using a surplus M2 barrel, he had machined a muzzle brake that was roughly the same shape and size as a coke bottle,and I think he cobbled the stock together as well- I remember seeing duct tape to hold the cheek piece on. This beast had to weaigh 65-70 lbs, it held very nice and steady and had very little recoil but an amazing muzzle blast. I wish I had one of those toys.[8D]
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Spike

. I don't think you can build a 50 in anything much lighter than 25#s with most being in the 35-50# range. Anything any lighter would severely run the risk of physically hurting the shooter. This thing makes a 460 Wby look like a 38Special. Run the numbers, stoke a 750grn 50 caliber bullet up too 2900fps and you can imagine the kind of recoil it generates. I believe the ft#s generated by the bullet is somewhere in the 11k too 15k ft pnd range
The 50 BMG that I built weighs 29 pounds. There are several in the 18-19 pound class and one thatweighs 12 pounds.The recoil is suprisingly easy due to the very efficient muzzle breaks.In fact,shooting my .300 Mag Sendero hurts me worse than shooting my .50.

There is a guy that I work with that has a doe being shot on digital camera. Its a 10 second clip. The shot was at a doe walking across a power line right of way. The range (laser range finder) was a measured 732 yards. It dropped the doe on the spot with a hit to the shoulder using a 750 grain A-Max.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Should be about like a 12 Ga. slug at close range. Dead is dead.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:32 AM

Can you imagine shooting a 500 pound boar hog with that... There ain't no way it would run off! I want one!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

HKY I am going to "try" and use it from a steel 2 man ladder stand that has a steel shooting rail around it. Hopefully a piece of plywood and a sandbag will provide sufficient surface to secure the midsection.
don't forget to wear your safety harness
Old 12-16-2005, 10:47 AM

no comment..

this thread is childish

Quick Reply: Hehehe snicker snicker (50BMG)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.