Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hi Point Firearms >

Hi Point Firearms

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hi Point Firearms

Old 11-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hi Point Firearms

A buddy of mine mentioned these guns to me. Why the hell are they so cheap? Has anyone ever used one. I cant believe the attorney general allows them in MA. I think he does. Anyway I was just wondering whats up with these guns.

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Hi Point Firearms

lmao, we call em "Hi Purnts" because when we used to sell em the typical "High Point" customer would come in and "axe us" something like, "Say main, chu be done got eny of dem dur Hi Purnts?"

They are also known as the "cordless drills" of the firearms industry. At least that's what they feel and handle like!
RA

ps
Personally I think you would be better off going too a pawnshop and buying a second hand Taurus or KelTec for the same money. BUT they aren't really designed nor marketed for alot of shooting or to even be that accurate. They mostly are built for a cheap alternative too buying used, they go bang (maybe) and will probably hit a person inside of 10ft. The majority of them will spend the lives under a coat of dust and nestled in the drawer of a nightstand. That's not really a call or need for a $700 gun when you really think about it.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've sold a bunch of them, and for the money they are hard to beat, they are not made to win target competition but if I wanted to hit the 10X everytime I would be shooting a rifle anyway. They are made in the USA and come with a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

RedAllison,

That was freakin hilarious!

Tom
Old 12-01-2005, 02:25 PM

From what I have read the carbines are decent for the money and fun to shoot. Simular to getting a good deal on a SKS or something. However I have also read the handguns are crap and to stay away from them all together. And certainly not to have your life depend on one.

They are cheap because, well, they are cheap.

I agree with Red, a nice used taurus would be my choice. If you could find a nice taurus .357 revolver the price should be good and they are great guns. I have a friend that has one of the compact 9mm that looks like a beretta but smaller and it is a pretty nice weapon in my opinion.

What do you want to do with the gun? Are you looking for a carbine or a pistol?

Paul
Old 12-01-2005, 04:03 PM

i got a hi point 9mm semi auto 10shot rifle it was 89.99 new its black synthetic and fake stainless i bought as a joke and cause for the money it looked fun to shoot and see how far we could go to try and break it or blow it up
have to say while it is built like crap and is cheap it never jammed and was actually very accurate i still have it shoot it maybe 1 or 2 time a year and every hommie that see it ask me "yo how much ya wont fo dat gat son" i always reply "how much do you want to spend" most response are
funny because there between 200-500 dollars i just laugh and tell them they cant afford it (dont want guns in the hands of people like that and even no i see them at the range meaning they allready have one or whoever there with has one i dont want it on my shoulders)