Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Most acurate bolt action >

Most acurate bolt action

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Most acurate bolt action

Old 10-10-2002, 12:26 PM

Default Most acurate bolt action

What is the most accurate bolt action on the market today that is mass produced without taking handloads in effect.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Most acurate bolt action

If push came to shove, I'd have to say that the most accurate out of the box is the Weatherby Mark V. It is also heavy, expensive and kind of disco-looking. But it is strong and positive, and can handle the maximum-pressure, maximum-velocity cartidges better than any other. Although offered, it is overkill for standard rounds.

The most accurate out of the box "standard" factory RIFLE is probably the new Browning A-Bolt. However, I think it has more to do with the barrel than the action. The Sako is also very accurate, but a bit more expensive.

If you were going to rebarrel a current action, I'd go with a Remington 700 as being the most accurate available.

Good Dogwork and Good Hunting

Edited by - seattlesetters on 10/10/2002 14:11:46
Old 10-10-2002, 01:09 PM

I don't know of anyway to claim one brand is "the most accurate" but of the affordable rifles I'd grab a Sako first.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty hard to beat Savage in out of the box accuracy
Old 10-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage, hands down.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Going by accuracy guarantees-tikka and sako guarantee 1" groups from their factory rifles but weatherby only guarantees 1-1/2" groups.This would give me reason to believe that tikka and sako are more confident in the accuracy of their rifles than weatherby.The truth of the matter is that when you buy a factory rifle you can get a very accurate one or one that is only mediocre reguardless of brandname.As far as accuracy titles the remington 700 has won more silhouette competitions than any other factory rifle.If you really want to buy a really accurate rifle the surest way to get one is to buy one from a gunbuilder that offers a very good accuracy guarantee.Some of the manufacturers of custom and semi custom rifles offer guarantees of 1/2" or 3/4" groups.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:42 PM
XTP

out of the box?...affordable?......Savage!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:12 PM

A rifles accuracy has more to do with who is pulling the trigger than any other factor. Most all manufacturers make an accurate rifle these days and most will shoot one inch groups as long as the shooter performs well.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf6151-As Stone cold specified no hand loads I will say that most bolt action rifles produced today will not average 1" or better loads with factory loads.I have shot many myself that would do no better than 1-1/2" or 2" yet I have no problems shooting 1/2" groups with other rifles so the shooter is not the limiting factor in this case.

Quick Reply: Most acurate bolt action

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.