Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Safety, safety, safety - ***warning graphic picture*** >

Safety, safety, safety - ***warning graphic picture***

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Safety, safety, safety - ***warning graphic picture***

Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Safety, safety, safety - ***warning graphic picture***

Not sure if this is the correct forumto place this, but I am very particular and cautious of whom I go out hunting/shooting with. I have had a couple of scares in the past. As a consequence, I haven't hunted with those guys since.

This photo reinforces why I don't hunt with people I consider unsafe and others that like to drink 'n' shoot. Just can't risk a limb or worse, my life!!!

I don't know for sure what did this, butitcould be a blast from a 12 gauge.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Safety, safety, safety

i know where you are coming from.. i am the same way about safety...

i was once hunting with a friend from HS when i was in my late teens and we jumped a small buck walking to our stands.. this guy hunted and shot a bit. mostly shotgun stuff, but not a whole lot.... he instantly had the marlin at full cock.. i was kneeling... and he was right behind me, maybe a foot or two... once the deer was gone as it was on a full bound... i stood up... well he went to uncock the ole lever action and his thumb slipped off the trigger... and BOOM.. about 4 inches from the back of my melon and right over my right shoulder... i just about messed myself and i ended up face down in the snow wondering WTF... we were scheduled to be there a week... it was a very quiet 10 hour drive HOME that evening... i havn't spoken much to him since...

J
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

[quote][quote]
ORIGINAL: Drew Jaeger

I am very particular and cautious of whom I go out hunting/shooting with. I have had a couple of scares in the past. As a consequence, I haven't hunted with those guys since.

You're not the only one!

Old 11-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know for sure what did this, butitcould be a blast from a 12 gauge.

Yeah! A 12ga slug!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:51 AM

Hey Drew, how about a graphic picture warning added to the subject title. That's not what I want to see first thing in the morning while eating my breakfast. Man that's gotta hurt![:'(]
Old 11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean about being careful about who you hunt with. I had a lease with some guys from NY one time and we heard them shoot one day. When we got back to camp we asked them what they seen. They said they didn't see anything they just took a couple of sound shots. They heard something moving in the brush and fired into it. We kicked them off the lease right then.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 PM

Not exactly breakfast viewing. Imagine if that was a head!! Sorryit made you sick this morning, Red.

***warning graphic picture*** added.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM

i hunt with my dad, 2 uncles and the landowner. i dont trust hunting witha lot of people i know. i wouldnt go to a range with some of them
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting that picture. Its graphic, but if it prevents someone from learning the hard way, its worth it.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

pic is great. this'll be my boy's first gun season, and i'll use the picture as a safety refresher the night before. thanks.

Quick Reply: Safety, safety, safety - ***warning graphic picture***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.