Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sako for T/C??? >

Sako for T/C???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako for T/C???

Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Sako for T/C???

Hello! I have a Sako 75 in 300 Win Mag; it's about 7 years old and in good condition. I mentioned to a guy that I was interested in a single shot and he offered me a T/C Encore in camo w/ a 50cal barrel and a 7mm Rem Mag barrel both in stainless steel and in brand new condition.

I'm not married to the Sako and I like single shots and the versatility of the Encore (though I don't know much about them...especially value). Is it something worth considering value-wise or otherwise??? Thanks for any feedback!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sako for T/C???

I have both T/C Encore and Sako Rifles. I was intrigued with the T/C rifles design and possibility of changing barrels when I first got mine. I’ve had my T/C for 3 years and have considered getting rid of it. I’m not getting the accuracy that they all talk about. Personally I wouldn’t do it, but that’s just me. It’s to bad I sold my 7 mm Rem barrel because I would make you an offer for that Sako and would have included a Leupold scope.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM
bigcountry

I wouldn't trade my Sako. You can get a encore frame with stock for 300 if you look hard and barrels for 200 if you look around.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’m not getting the accuracy that they all talk about.
[quote]ORIGINAL: trailer

Me either , Id keep the sako .
Old 10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I would say value wise its in the same ballpark, question is if you want the muzzleloader barrel. As far as the encore goes I love mine, have .50cal, 270win and .223rem barrels for the frame. The stainless and camo versions are little more expensive than the blued and regular stocks. If your not planning to use the muzzleloading barrel I'd probably say keep the Sako as well.

But then again if your interested in single shot pistols, you can buy the pistol grip and take off the rifle stock and buy another pistol barrel for 200, and have a complete different gun.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM

I've decided to keep the Sako; I've had a few good years w/ it and there's still many loads I would like to try out. It's not the perfect rifle for me but it's a good one!

Thanks for the input!