Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 blr trigger how to fix >

blr trigger how to fix

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

blr trigger how to fix

Old 10-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Spike

Default blr trigger how to fix

heres what I found with mine (1)wrong sear spring-it had to many coils so it compressed solid and bent on the first action cycle. check this on yours,if you think your lucky and got a good trigger I would examine how well your sear is engaging.(2)large burr in sear pin hole,This was big enough to put a large gouge in the retaining pin.(3)Sear lip and full cock lip on hammer not parralel (spell check) look at the back of hammer where the sear rubs on cocking the rub marks should be evenly distributed.This is where the long drag and catch comes in.This requires the removal of some metal if your not qualified hire someone who is. These thing and some very light polishing with 1000 grit wet or dry paper have made my trigger excellent. Incidentally the sear spring is the only way to change trigger pull.The sickening lock time (or why it shoots better from the bench) The only ready solution I see is to reduce the mass of the hammer spring by replacing it with one with a more aggresive coil angle. too close to opening to start with this. good luck
Old 10-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: blr trigger how to fix

I am completely lost here.

What exactly are you refering to as the sear spring. The spring under the sear or the spring that is in front of the finger lever (trigger) and is there to provide trigger tension?

#1. The spring under neath the sear would have to be incredibly long in order to compress flat and bend the spring. The sear would make contact with the finger lever before the spring was able to be flattened completely. Was it bent when you took it out initially or did it get bent after you put it back in? If it gets put back in but does not sit in the hole properly this may be able to happen.

2. The burrs are not burrs but rather punch marks on the bottom of the receiver and are there to keep the pins from backing out of their holes. If you drive out the pins the wrong way it still shouldn't gouge the pin as the pin is hardened and is harder than the receiver or the trigger housing.

3. Bolt action rifles do not have hammers so I don't have a clue here.

To be perfectly honest here it sounds like you took apart the trigger and didn't put it back together correctly and some things got messed up in the process.

Do you really know how a Remington trigger works? Not trying to insult here but I do not get the feeling that you do from reading your post. Triggers are bad things to go fooling around with if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Spike

read again blr is browning leveraction rifle not remington bolt
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, I look like an idiot. I had BDL on the brain for some reason. Makes much more sense now.[8D] DUHHHHHH!

I also see now that this is a instructional how too rather than a question of how to.

Glad to see you got a good trigger out of it.

Please never mind my idiocies tonight. [8D]