Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Simmons Master Series Aetec >

Simmons Master Series Aetec

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Simmons Master Series Aetec

Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Simmons Master Series Aetec

I was wondering what the diffrence between the master series and the reguler aetec. I mean i'm sure its an improved version but i was just wondering if anyone has one yet and if they like it better? I'm thinking about ordering one for my new gun, just wanted to check with yall and see what yall think.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Simmons Master Series Aetec

I am a big Aetec fan. I have not tried the new ones yet but one thing I do know is that they WILL NOT have the five inch eye relief of the older ones. Overall they should be a very good scope but the long eye relief was a strong point to me that they gave up.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Complete redesign , I think the lenses are the same , other than that , its new . The 4x12 has a focus adjustment on the side opposite the windage adjustment , as opposed to the front lens cover . One is on my short list , Im sure Ill own one , or a pro hunter signature soon .

Ive allways been happy with my simmons scopes , I have 3 aetec's , 2 prohunters , and 2 shotgun . They are worth every penny .
Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM

Another question is, would it be worth it to wait almost another month for the Master Series to come out or just go ahead and go with the regular aetec? I have a new gun and would like to get everything set up on it for this deer season
Old 09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would not hesitate to buy one of the older ones if they are still available. I have several of them and can't find a single thing to complain about. They are hard to beat.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:43 AM

From what I've been told, the master series have constant eye relief. As you change power with the old aetec, the eye relief changes, the new one stays the same. It also has a fast adjust occular lense. The internal adjustments have been improved also. I havent tried one yet, but it looks like Simmons did their homework on this one. Should be one outstanding scope. just my $.02
Old 09-29-2005, 06:14 AM

I think i'm just going to wait and get the new master series. I've already waited this long might as well wait another week.