Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 why haven't they asked? >

why haven't they asked?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

why haven't they asked?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Default RE: why haven't they asked?

How about some good actions and barrels chambered for the 6.5 Grendal? Looks like a great up and comming cartradge for the AR boys, and I think it could be aplied to bolt action rifles.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:06 AM

Good as they are (6.5x55 & 260Rem., etc.), if they were likely to be all that popular/in demand, then the gun companies would cater to ya' with more offerings. The 6.5s have just never been all that
popular.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 AM
bigcountry

Now vapor to asnwer your quesiton,some ofmy firends sell and buy 6.5-284 pretty regularly. I would say its not really a wildcat anymore.

But can't say I buy wildcats. But I hear ya.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:20 AM

Here is my 2 cents for your original question. Take it for what it is worth.

There is only a tiny percentage of the shooting public that frequent shooting and hunting sites. I strongly suspect that many here who alsopost on other sites under the same or different names. Therefore the percentage of similar answers or preferences appears to be high. I don't honestly believe that 6.5-06 or6.5-284 would be that popular.

A vast majority of the hunters and shooters in this world own a couple/ several firearms in standard calibers, buy their ammo at Wal-Mart, and are happy.