Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 August American Rifleman magizane Artical >

August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Old 08-21-2005, 02:50 PM

Default RE: August American Rifleman magizane Artical

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

You are not allowed to have one on government property at all.

Paul
Paul, this is simply an untrue statement. As a retired army person, I was allowed to keep my privately owned firearms in my quarters....all you had to do was register them with the provost marshall. Most military installations have rod and gun clubs, skeet and trap ranges and allow hunting.

Same is true on installations that allow civilians to hunt on government property.
My son is a civilian fireman and uses the Ft Riley POW range all the time and hunts phesants there. Regards, Rick.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 48thguns

Paul
Paul, this is simply an untrue statement. As a retired army person, I was allowed to keep my privately owned firearms in my quarters....all you had to do was register them with the provost marshall. Most military installations have rod and gun clubs, skeet and trap ranges and allow hunting.

Same is true on installations that allow civilians to hunt on government property.
My son is a civilian fireman and uses the Ft Riley POW range all the time and hunts phesants there. Regards, Rick.
Absolutely 100% true-there were literally huindreds of hunters, military & civilian alike, at Fort Hood during deer season when I was in the 1st CAV.And many now hunt here at Letterkenny Army Depot (Chambersburg, PA). Mostly local civilians.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ioften wonder how thing shave changed so much in last few years. Back when i was in high school in mid and late 80's there was a bunch of us that brought our guns with us to school so we could hunt afterwards. Was nothing to see 6 or 8 people there with guns in vehicles. I would imagine we'd probably do major time for that now...
Old 08-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

>>I personally see nothing wrong with letting your employees keep unloaded guns in the trunks of their vehicles when at work, (when I was in the Army, for over 30 years, I usually had one or more guns around!!) but some employers have policies against this practice!<<

This attitude of meekly accepting such an outrageous intrusion on your personal freedom is what allows such policies to exist. You have a right to have legal items in your personal vehicle (and should have the right to have them on your person). For goodness sake, be a man and start taking a stand with your legislators and business leaders for your rights. Society and businesses have NOTHING to fear from honest people. Stop letting them bully you.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

"You have a right to have legal items in your personal vehicle (and should have the right to have them on your person)."

I assume that this is a legal opinion based on statute or precedence, that you have observed over the years as a practicing attorney at law? If so, you will have to admit that this can vary depending on state or territory and local laws......

We all know what the Constitution says.... we also all know that there are "gun control laws" in a number of states that have withstood the challenge of constitutionality, and are still being enforced. Just try carrying a firearm in New York City without benefit of a local permit!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

"You have a right to have legal items in your personal vehicle (and should have the right to have them on your person)."

I assume that this is a legal opinion based on statute or precedence, that you have observed over the years as a practicing attorney at law? If so, you will have to admit that this can vary depending on state or territory and local laws......

We all know what the Constitution says.... we also all know that there are "gun control laws" in a number of states that have withstood the challenge of constitutionality, and are still being enforced. Just try carrying a firearm in New York City without benefit of a local permit!
However I do believe you have the right to privacy and that you can insist on a search warrant to search your car and this requires some sort of evidence or probablr cause.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 48thguns

Paul

I had to get it signed by the ships captain and kept in the ships magazine.