Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 August American Rifleman magizane Artical >

August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Old 08-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Fortunately, gun laws in Kentucky are not quite as restrictive as they apparently are in Michigan. Here, businesses may post a "no guns" sign, but even if they find out you are carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave. There is no legal penalty.
Don't continue to accept your restrictions up there so meekly. The country is slowly waking up to the reality that people have a right to defend themselves, and have the means to do so. Just look at the expansion of the number of states that allow concealed carry and now the movement to pass the so-called "Castle laws" which clarify the rights of a person to defend themselves and their home.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:10 PM

this happend to a guy who worked at our company in La. he was employed for 30+ years about 2 years away from retireing. they implement the no gun law thursday, the big wigs came down monday, walked past his truck saw the but of the shotty in the back seat. called him to the office and fired him. Its total BULL**** and the is now sueing the company.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where my wife works, you can be fired on the spot if you have a gun OR ANY AMMO in your car in their parking lot. It is their property however so they set the rules.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James B

Where my wife works, you can be fired on the spot if you have a gun OR ANY AMMO in your car in their parking lot. It is their property however so they set the rules.
Such company policies are vastly over-reaching. A person's automobile is generally considered their personal abode. It even requires a search warrant for the police to search your vehicle without some obviously visible compelling reason. Instead of just meekly accepting such policies, you should be lobbying your state legislature to provide an explicit prohibition of such policies or even better, sue the pants off the idiotic, politically correct jerks who try to enforce such a policy.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Just FYI....Wal-Mart general office complex in Bentonville, AR has the same no firearms on company property rule. Note even allowed in your own car in their parking lots.

I don't work for them anymore, and I didn't really like the rule when I did. Made it awfully inconvenient if you were planning to go out after work for some hunting or shooting.

However, like others have said...it is their property and they should have some say so as to whats allowed on their property or not.

firstshot
-----------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: firstshot

Just FYI....Wal-Mart general office complex in Bentonville, AR has the same no firearms on company property rule. Note even allowed in your own car in their parking lots.

I don't work for them anymore, and I didn't really like the rule when I did. Made it awfully inconvenient if you were planning to go out after work for some hunting or shooting.

However, like others have said...it is their property and they should have some say so as to whats allowed on their property or not.

firstshot
-----------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Again, as noted above, such companies really do NOT have a right to know what you have in your vehicle. Hopefully the incident in Oklahoma will increase awareness of such outrageous restrictions that some companies try to impose and result in some legislative action across the country to reduce such impositions on personal freedom. Get behind the NRA and start working for such changes. The Oklahoma legislature has already acted, but the enforcement of the new law prohibiting such company restrictions has been delayed by a court injunction temporarily.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Doc, they may not have the right, but they can sure make you spend alot
of cash to prove it. Any lawyer will encourge you to prove it! He is going
to make Mucho money on your behalf.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Doc, they may not have the right, but they can sure make you spend alot
of cash to prove it. Any lawyer will encourge you to prove it! He is going
to make Mucho money on your behalf.
That is why we need to put pressure on our legislatures to stop such actions, as they have recently done in Oklahoma. Your Florida legislature has been on the forefront of some of these issues, such as Concealed Carry and the "Castle Law." Such actions prove that we can make our voices heard and positive results can occur.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It even requires a search warrant for the police to search your vehicle
Until the BS stops it makes good sense to not allow your guns to be visible in your auto in the car and not to tell others you have them. Further demand that they get a search warrant to search your car.....It's your right!!! They need to show reasonable evidence to search your car. If you give it to them.....too bad.

Where I worked once such a policy was in force but several of us managers shot trap on Monday nights after work and some drove 30 miles to work. We all had our trap guns in our cars in hard cases and not visible. The HR manager asked if I had a gun in my car and I simply informed her that she needed a search warrant to find out. None was ever achieved.

Some dumb asses continued to come to work with their hunting guns in full display in the rear window of their pickup. Sorry folks....that's asking for a confrontation.....and they lost!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

In the August American Rifleman magizane page 52 theres a artical,
Where Big companys are wanting to fire there employees.
For having guns in there locked cars and trucks while on the,
Company property.

NRA guns for rights violators By Gene Mueller August 10, 2005
Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, says he will spare no expense or effort to expose energy giant ConocoPhillips for its anti-Second Amendment stance.
Look for billboard advertising soon that says as much. An NRA-sponsored national boycott campaign against ConocoPhillips also will begin.
The sparks flew after LaPierre spoke at a rally in Idabel, Okla., to support employees fired by the Weyerhaeuser Co. because they kept legally owned firearms stored in their locked vehicles in a company parking lot that was publicly accessible. Since the firings, the Oklahoma Legislature has passed a bill to prevent such terminations, but ConocoPhillips filed a federal lawsuit to block the protective measure.

This hereposter makes it look likecompanies arefiringpeople who hunt and/or own a gun. As much as I love the NRA, that's not quite true. What the question being debated really is, is "do companies have a legalright to prohibit firearms from being brought onto company property??"

I suspect that the final answer will be that they do indeed have such a right, since you do too! Every property owner has a right to prohibit firearms from being brought onto his or her property.

I personally see nothing wrong with letting your employees keep unloaded guns in the trunks of their vehicles when at work, (when I was in the Army, for over 30 years, I usually had one or more guns around!!) but some employers have policies against this practice! IF you display your guns in plain sight in an unoccupied vehicle, you are inviting some S.O.B. to steal same!!

The good ol' NRA is not adverse to using a little spin (read "propaganda") once in a while, just like the anti-gun folks do!

Quick Reply: August American Rifleman magizane Artical

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.