Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CVA Wolf?

Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default CVA Wolf?

Stopped by a bait shop on the way to go fishing and spied a new break action inline Muzzle stufferby CVA. The wolf. Anyone had any experience with one yet. The tag on it was $139 for a blued model with black synthetic stock and fiber optic sights.Fit and finish looked fine (actually very good considering the price) Action worked cleanly and trigger pull was acceptable.Strongly considering one for my youngest boy for our early "doe only" muzzy season. Anyone shot one yet?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:01 PM

Default RE: CVA Wolf?

Same thing as the New Frontier Beartooth Magnum. Do a search and you will find some helpful info. I have one and I like it very much. Mine shoots well 85 -90grains of triple 7 fff behind240 grain T/C Mag Express XTP's sabots and 295 grain powerbelts. Believe it or not I found the factory trigger to be excelent and it is well balanced with my Banner 1.5-4.5 Dusk to Dawn scope. Recoil is alittle bit more than my 270 and much less than my sluggun.I believe that it has a shorter barrel (24) so the fff powder is a good choice because the smallergrainswill burn more completely therefore increase accuracy.The ramrod sucks, I broke mine so buy a range rod.Goodluck
Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 PM

Default RE: CVA Wolf?

BTB i'm pretty sure that schoolboy is right. i bought one of the Beartooths last fall for a spare rifle and it looks to be the exact same gun just a differant name. mine shoots real well with 80 or 90 grains of goex clearshot with a ball and patch. very very deadly at 80 yards with a 2-7 mounted on it. it shoots so good that i will be using it in the regular rifle season. i think it is a nice gun for the price. the only other projectile that i have tried was the 240 grain powerbelts and it did not like those at all. i have some 300 xtp's but have not tried those yet. but guys have said that the xtp works great also. i don't think you can go wrong for that price. basspro had them last year i believe for just about the same price and they sold a tons of them.