Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ADL to BDL

Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 AM

Default ADL to BDL

I have a Rem 700 ADL Synthetic in 30.06 (never fired) sitting in the ole cabinet. I was thinking about converting it to a BDL or having it rebarreled into a .35 Whelen. I would appreciate any info on how to get started and cost estimates. I can always trade it for an SPS but that's too easy. Thanks
Old 07-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Default RE: ADL to BDL

It's probably easier and cheaper to sell the 30/06 and buy a SPS. For under $100, you can get a BDL kit (Brownell's has them). Then you will have to modify theADL stock for the floorplate or purchase a BDL stock. Should be able to find a used one for $35 to $50. Converion to a .35 Whelen will involve, at the minimum, an aftermarket barrel and labor. Say $300 for a Douglas barrel installed and blued. Could spend a lot more for a barrel, but probably not warranted for what most people would use a .35 Whelen for - hunting larger big game animals.