Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really? >

How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really?

Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Spike

Default How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really?

Do these rifles tend to shot there 1 1/2in group at a 100yrds, or do they often do better? I like wood stocks andcan't decide weather to get the new sub-moa when available or the Vangard Sporter SS. If the regulare vangards tend to shoot better then an inch an a half thenI'd probably get the sporter...any inpute would be great, dealer should have them in about 2 months..can't wait....or decide
Old 06-27-2005, 10:55 PM

Default RE: How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really?

Never had a Vanguard, but the 3 Mk V's I've had all shot that good or better - with factory ammo. I've had a difficult time duplicating the results I get with factory ammo in the Wby;s.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weatherby sells the Vanguard with a test target and which ammo used;it will shoot that group and possibly better if you do your part. If I wasthinking of buying a Weatherby Vanguard Sporter SS, I would save my money and purchase a Weatherby Mark V Synthetic. If I was thinking of buying a Weatherby Vanguard SUB-MOA, I would save my money and purchase a Weatherby Mark V Fibermark Synthetic. Go to www.gunsamerica.com and you will findthe Weatherby Mark V Synthetic, and Fibermark at good prices. The Mark V action is a very strong action.

I have a Weatherby Mark VSporter .340 Wby. Mag., and I have duplicated and surpassed Weatherby's ballistics andaccuracy using Norma MRPwith this particular rifle. Three of my friends have also been able to do the same with their Weatherby rifles..

Go to www.weatherby.com for more information and a catalog. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunately for Mk V owners they shoot on their worst day as well as a Mk V and usually much better. Just see who includes test targets when their rifles are shipped from the factory.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:51 PM

Wby advertises that there guns will shoot at least a 11/2' group. Rem. says there the most accurate firearm out of the box. But they don,t say athing abjout the size of the group. Mark V is a great actions,with the shortest stroke in bolt actions,which makes it the fastest to operate. Very accurate after you dial them in with the bullets they llike,and the same for the vanguard. Have fun. vangunsmith
Old 06-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

GorV,

I have an early 80 model Wtby Vanguard in 300 Win. Mag. (wood stock) and it will tear the holes out to 300 yds if you can hold it. Don't know beyond that because I don't haveanywhere to shoot past 300.

I must admit, I can't make it shoot that good anymore, just not steady enough and my eyes are not what they use to be, but my son can make that old gun sing. I also handload for the gun.

dog1
Old 06-29-2005, 06:04 AM

I have an older Vanguard that came chambered in 7-08 and it is a tack driver! It's not a pretty rifle and has turned out to be a real workhorse, but it's a real shooter.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

1-1/2" groups are certainly nothing special.I have found that almost all of my factory bolt actions would do at least that good with their favorite factory load.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

My rem 700 in 30-06 will do an inch, But I would spring for the vanguard for the same money. Van guard has a lofty reputation to uphold, they do a good job of it. EJ

Quick Reply: How accurate is the WeatherbyVangard really?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.