Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 .. 6/18/05 >

GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 .. 6/18/05

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 .. 6/18/05

Old 06-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 .. 6/18/05

"YOUR ALL INVITED" to attend the sixth match of the season at the Mifflin Co. Sportsmens Club located near Lewistown, PA..almost dead center in the state of PA. The match is for both centerfire 100-300-500 yards and rimfire 25-50-75-100-150 yards..varies on which version your shooting. This match is scored by total points, X's and group size at 500 yards. You have a sight-in target at each distance to get yourself on target and then your best five shots for score. This is the fastest growing form of benchrest hunter going...shooters from all over the northeast are attending it. There are no restrictions on anything, caliber, trigger, scope, etc. You may also use a sptting scope and spotter at this match. this match is a fun match and you'll see everything from 17's to .338's and everything in between trying to solve the problem of shooting 3 very different distances. if it's made it's at the match, from right off the shelf to the most exotic on the planet. Again, "your all invited" to attend next Saturday, BUT be forewarned: IT'S HIGHLY ADDICTIVE !!!! Further information can be found on the club's website http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com http://www.wildcatshooting.com Stop by...grab your shooting buddies and come on over..you'll be amazed and that's a promise !! The target can be seen on the match #5 write-up..it's proportional at all three distance, it's looks the same, but theres lots of yards between them and lots happens to bullets...
Old 06-12-2005, 09:57 AM

Default RE: GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 .. 6/18/05

if i lived closer me and the crew would LOVE to do some shootn
Old 06-12-2005, 02:14 PM

I just speak for myself,thanks for the invite,but just a little to far to travel at this time. vangunsmith
Old 06-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is not too far for me to travel , right on the way to camp, but it is the day of the Northeast get together in Bel Air, Md. and I am going and breaking bread with a lot of others on this board, look forward to it every year....
Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

There are 4 more scheduled matches this season.. they are listed on the club's website..one in July/August and two in September..if not this one then one of the others..I promise you, you'll have a great time..get your shooting buddies together and come on up...this match is not to far northwest of Harrisburg..it;s basically all four lane right to the door.

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com dates and directions
Old 06-15-2005, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Four of you tried to email me questions but my adelphia.net will not let them come through unless your on my email list..sorry about that..modern technology at it's best...just ask anything you want on the public forum, right here...thanks, hope to see some of you northeast hunters/shooters at the match this Saturday...it is awesome !!! http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com