Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Looking into the TC Encore. >

Looking into the TC Encore.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking into the TC Encore.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking into the TC Encore.

I was looking at buying myself a new Single shot rifle, that I could use for just about everything that I wanted to hunt.

I ruled out the #1's becouse I have had trouble with them.
So I am seriously looking into buying a TC Encore. I can change the barrels out to suit the game that I want to hunt.

Just woundering what everyone thinks of the Encore rifle?
I have heard that they are very accurate.

Thanks.
hunter338
Old 06-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default RE: Looking into the TC Encore.

Hi hunter338,

The Encore is on my list of rifles to get in the future. Currently I have a G2 Contender Carbine chambered for .45-70 on lay-away. I wasn't exactly looking for one but found one brand new at my local Gander Mountain priced at $340. I couldn't believe it and thought they had made a pricing error. As soon as I confirmed that the price marked on it was accurate I put it on lay-away.

I've owned TC products in the past and found them to be excellent. Good luck with your decision!

Dave
Old 06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a T/C Encore and find it has some good and bad points just as anything else. It is very versatile being able to change barrels. This rifle is also nice and short even with a 26” barrel. Mine isn’t as accurate as I would like it to be but it could just be my barrel. Would I get another one. NO. Good luck......
Old 06-05-2005, 08:14 PM

I love my Encore! 24" barrel in .308 win that shoots 7/8" groups at 100 yards straight out of the box. Of course not all Encores are doing this. T/C barrels can be a bit sloppy and the hinge pin can be loose. Both easy fixes.

http://www.bellmtcs.com Mike has oversize hingepins and he also rechambers barrels, does trigger jobs, and other very nice T/C add ons.

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve Is an excellent firearms community with lots of Encore owners, mostly in pistols but in rifles also. There is also an excellent barrel maker there also named Mike who will chamber any round you can think of as long as it's safe.

The Encore is an excellent firearm and can lead to $$$$$ leaving your house quickly by buying extra barrels
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 PM

I've got 2 actions, and 10 barrels in 9 different calibers/gauges and all of them with just minor tweeking shoot well... we're talking from one holers to under 2"@ 100yds... the larger calibers, 375H&H, 45-70's and the 20ga slugger open up a bit at distance but the 22cal's all shoot to one hole... the 45cal BP surprisingly touches 3 shots at that distance... the 243 and 280AI hold ½" or less... love my Encores, will do it again and again and again...
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm another T/C Encore fan,have 2 frames,one for pistol and one for rifle barrels! Caution~~~~ Encore's are addicting...
Old 06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

They're not for everyone, but I personally love the Encore. The funky looking stock is either hated or loved. The versatility is unmatched, they're lightweight and all the factory barrels I've shot grouped plenty well enough for used as a hunting weapon. Its just my opinion, but I think hunting with a single shot will make you a more patient hunter. With only one shot, you'll pick up the mindset of having only shot and learn to make that shot count. Another thing I like about them is, you may have ten different barrels, but you'll still just have to get used the pull of only one trigger. That in itself, should also make it easier to be more accurate. In the end, you'll be making the final decision and spending the money, so do your homework and get as much info as you can. Handle them, shoot one if you can and make an educated decision. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have one with 22-250, 30/06, 50 MZ, and a 300 Win barrel. This this gun and barrel I'm pretty much covered for any american hunting and they will easily fit into a small case for travel. The 22-250 and 30/06 are my traveling gun rigs. All of my barrels have been very accurate.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:21 AM

I have a stainless/walnut encore with heavy barrel in .223. The gun is extremely accurate with cheap ammo(ultramax, win usa). I'm planning on buying a 25-06 barrel or 7mm magnum barrel pretty soon. I would reccomend that everyone at least try one.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys thanks.

I think I am going to try one before I end up buying myself one.
A buddy of mine bought one last year and he loves it. He told me to come and shoot it before I did buy one becouse they are not for everyone.
So I think that is what I will do.

Thanks for all of the replies.
hunter338