Think I'll take my Sako 308 out to the range on Sunday afternoon" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! >

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

ORIGINAL: SWAMPMAN

Virginia7,
Thank you. I hope you have a great weekend also. I think I'm going to brave the mosquitos and see if any feral hogs want to play this weekend.

i might try to find some hogs.... but i'm definately going fishing. old lime pits make great habitats for big bass and blue gill. it's almost as fun as hunting....... no not quite.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:52 PM

OEH,
Would that be a .24/30 Texas Waters?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

OH!OH! Now they are going to call you Speedy Gonzalez Zrex

You have a safe one Partner! Enjoy your hunt!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Virgina 7. Thanks for the best wishes. When I first came up here Devils lake was about 55000 acres. Its now grown to 138000 acres. Minewuakin used to be 15 miles from the lake. Now the boat ramp is in their city park. The old county hiway shop is now under 20 feet of water and the roads have been built up so many times that its going to really look strange if the water ever goes back down. The walleye fishing is nothing short of fantastic. Not only in numbers but also in size. The pike fishing is just as good with 10 pounders so common that they don't raise an eyebrow. The white Bass go 3-41/2 lbs and the perch go 2 lbs or more. The down side is its flat around there and it doesn't take much wind to make you wish you were somewhere else. Its some place though.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will kick back, maybe heat up my .44 RSBH a bit. Gee; sounds like life is good in James's B's area!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

The 22 Savage High Power is essentially a 30-30 necked down to 22 cal, though using .228" bullets not the .224" we have today. It's been around longer than Waters has been alive. As for a deer cartridge I have seen it take down a few in my time.

As for myself this weekend, I think I will try to clear a few more acres with my D-5 on the place, trying to find a future homesite

life is good....doubleA
Old 05-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

James, what are your thoughts on the water diversion having the water flow into the Red and into Manitoba?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am almost outta here at work...

This weekend, I might try to take my old 17' trihull I/O speedboat out to the lake, but then, there's a big bass fishing tournament going on too. The lake will be mobbed with 900,000 boaters and people copping attitudes at the boat ramp. [:@] Then again, I might take the boat to another smaller place and go fishing. ....who knows.

EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY!!!!

Butch A.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: doubleA

The 22 Savage High Power is essentially a 30-30 necked down to 22 cal, though using .228" bullets not the .224" we have today. It's been around longer than Waters has been alive. As for a deer cartridge I have seen it take down a few in my time.

my uncle has a 22 high power. i had always wondered how well it would work on deer. the ammo seems to be hard to find also.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hear that the diversion project is under way. I can't see the fuss myself as there shouldn't be anything comming up the Red that has not been cooing up there for years. However I am not a biologist and don't have all the info. I suspect that its mostly politics. I don't know how much they want to reduce the size of devils lake or if this is to just keep it from getting any bigger. The fight has been on for some time. The project itself is sort of a mute point now because the lake is going to run over and the water is going to the Red river regardless of what else is done. It will run into the shyenne and that runs into the Red. Its all mother nature at work now. I will know a lot more after I talk to my guide friend up there. He guides full time on Devils Lake.

Quick Reply: HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.