Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kimber ..is this a success story or what? >

Kimber ..is this a success story or what?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber ..is this a success story or what?

Old 05-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Kimber ..is this a success story or what?

Here is a young company that is tops in the field with both pistols and rifles. Unmatched customer service as well. In comparison the rest of the manufacturers here are operating in slow motion. Oh well they should have seen the handwriting on the wall.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:49 AM

Default RE: Kimber ..is this a success story or what?

OEH,
One of the few brands I've never owned. I have handled a few recently at the local gun shop and it handles well,and is very well made. I'd have to fire one before final judgement but it's definitely higher quality than most out there.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Likewise here..I have handled them and looked at them in gunstores for the last few years and sort of liked them and took a lets wait and see attitude. I like them 8400m now with the 3 pos safety. They make a Model 70 supergrade look absolutely sick and when your done fixing the supergrade re-bedding it and trigger work its 200 bucks more. A buddy bought their super expensive 45 last year and had a problem with it..he called their customer service and they recalled the gun from the dealer he purchased it from the next day(Friday) it was back in his hands on Tuesday.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

To rich for my blood . I think the jury is still out. A friend of mine just bought onr in 7mm-08. I will soon get a chance to shoot his and then I will have a better idea. For the price it had better shoot very well. He bought it used but it looks like new.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:00 AM

The Kimber 1911 type guns have likely put some pistolsmiths out of business. Great quality and value.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only posted this topic because I think for the short period they have been in operation they have continuosly introduced new products and upgraded them. If the Big 3 had done the same we would have some serious choices in firearms. As it is now Kimber, NEF(you read that right) and Marlin will get my business when I am in the market for a new rifle. Gunsmith when I can't buy what I need.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you do,Don't shoot one of the 1911 style pistols! Unless you want to buy a new gun... I've handled the rifles but have yet to shoot one.My gun shop buddy had a Kimber I think 84 in .308 I was looking at .Nice gun about the size of a Model 7 Rem.Should have got it.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you supply a price comparison?

A remington 700, winchester 70 and a kimber.

Are the Kimbers priced with the Sakos? Which would you rather have a Sako or a Kimber?

Tom
Old 05-25-2005, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Here is a young company that is tops in the field with both pistols and rifles. Unmatched customer service as well.
I'd agree, the product is generally excellent. I'd have to take issue with "unmatched customer service" - have you ever called back there and gotten Dennis on the phone? He's got quite a repuation...and from my one experience with him it's well deserved.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

A remington 700, winchester 70 and a kimber.
Kimber 8400m 900 avg price Kimber 84m standard sa calibers 860

Remington 700 BDL Magnum depending on what you buy about 600 ...glass bed and do trigger 200 ..800 and you still have a Remington

Model 70 Supergrade about 900 add glass bedding and trigger 200.. 1100

They are priced the same as a Sako 75 Hunter about 200+ dollars less then the 75 SS

Which would you rather have a Sako or a Kimber
Depends on the caliber..some calibers available on a Sako not available on the Kimber

gotten Dennis on the phone? He's got quite a repuation...and from my one experience with him it's well deserved.
Thats who my buddy got a hold of on the phone and Dennis sounded like he was upset with whoever made the pistol. I like that attitude .. a manufacturer should get after an employee who lets one slip out the door
unlike other manufacturers

Quick Reply: Kimber ..is this a success story or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.