Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 accubonds or scirocco >

accubonds or scirocco

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

accubonds or scirocco

Old 05-26-2005, 01:24 PM

Default RE: accubonds or scirocco

From what I've seen so far, the Scirocco's are a little better from a terminal performance standpoint - if they shoot well in your gun. So far, cost has not been a factor for me when it comes to hunting bullets. The Scirocco's could be twice as much and I would still buy them.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:08 PM

Down here(Alabama) there isn't a heck of a lot of difference in price between the Scirrocos and the Accu-bonds. Given the choice, I'd go with the Sciroccos.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Geez maybe you can get the tips in hot pink
Oh, very clever.

Now there's a reason for a bullet selection
Thanks for the stupid comment.

Got anything better to do guys other than make retarded comments that nobody cares about.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:12 PM

Sixgun Redneck,
I was playing around with Gopher Slayer, you on the other hand obviously need to get a life.[:@]
Old 05-26-2005, 06:29 PM
bigcountry

I never could get the sciroccos to shoot in my 300RUM. I went thru a box of 100. Different powders, and things. Also they build up pressure much quicker than a accubond.

Lastly, seeing the results of a 200lbs deer shot with them really turned me against them for anything over mulies. It flattened out like a pancake and didn't penetrate all the way thru.

Now accubond, I have got those babies to sing in two of my guns and working on the third.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

did the accubonds do suffecient damge to the deers?. I'm kinda worried that its not going to expand enough. i think this because its rate for medium-heavy game to penitrate thick heavy mussel.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Gopher Slayer,
My only experience with the Sciroccos is on Whitetailed deer. It did a number on them. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if necessary.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 PM
bigcountry

did the accubonds do suffecient damge to the deers?.
To be honest I have been on this slug gun kick for 3 years or more, and havn't knocked down a deer with a rifle in that long. I have them shooting well however.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

alright thanks for lettin me know
Old 05-26-2005, 08:37 PM

My experience with the .30 caliber Scirocco's in the .300 Win Mag has been very good. The 180 gr. is about ideal for elk. Swift says the 165 grain is about at its upper limit on elk out of this caliber. The 150 grain Scirocco's were a little soft for elk even out of a .308 Winchester - Swift recommends them for deer sized game. Have killed a number of elk with the 130 grain .270 . Been right there when several were killed with the 150 grain 7MM out of a 7 Rem Mag. These bullets consistently put these big animals down hard. They expand to a big frontal diameter after they get through the ribs, making a very large wound channel through the lungs, and retain a good percentage of their of weight.

On the down side, the pure copper jacket fouls the barrel a little more than the accubond and builds a little more pressure at the same charge. It also seems that the accubonds break big bones a better - smaller frontal area - and penetrate maybe 25% more. But the Scirocco's, if your gun will shoot them, really put animals on the ground in a hurry - particularly with a broadside rib shot. I like 'em.

Quick Reply: accubonds or scirocco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.