Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 accubonds or scirocco >

accubonds or scirocco

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

accubonds or scirocco

Old 05-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default accubonds or scirocco

Im looking for a new load for my 30 06 these have cought my interest. i dont handload so i would be using factory loads from either remington or winchester. i will use them for hunting mule deer at ranges of 250 yards or less. i will be shooting for the vitals, but it present with a neck shot i will take it. what bullet do you think would be best and why?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: accubonds or scirocco

Since no 2 production rifles are the same your best bet is to buy a box of each and try them out. They should be equal in performance and work on the same size game. Thats the time proven albeit method I have used in the past when I only bought premium factory ammo. I see lots of guys take neck shots especially yahoos on the outdoor life network..you do realize that if the shot is low you have a deer running off with a destroyed windpipe which may run for a long distance ? Any animal is too magnificent to do that to. Just let them walk if the shot is not right. Shoulder or just behind it is the safe way to quickly put down some animal. That means using enough gun and with an 06 you have plenty of gun.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

i worry about running animals but i have seen way more run from heart and lung shots, i dont care if its only 50yards I just dont like to see it, i know that high neck shtos will drop them. but i will try for the vital sholder shot first.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:46 PM

OEH,
A Texas heart shot will work in an emergency.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:44 PM

I like your choice of bullets. After some experiences the past few seasons with the Scirocco's, I would look for a 165 grain if you can find it in a factory load. Great all around bullet for this caliber/velocity. 180 Accubonds have been good in the .300 Win Mag - should be great in the '06 as well. But this neck shot thing . . . listen to OEH, here. You have the horsepower to take a higher percentage shot. Unless its within bow range standing still, go for the heart/lungs.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Ive never been a remington fan, so i think ill try some accubonds. plus they look cooler with the redtip and lubox coating and nickle case.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive never been a remington fan, so i think ill try some accubonds. plus they look cooler with the redtip and lubox coating and nickle case.
Geez maybe you can get the tips in hot pink
Old 05-26-2005, 08:46 AM

Now there's a reason for a bullet selection.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:54 AM

Accubonds.

Scirroco's are too expensive.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scirroco's are too expensive.
According to the MidwayUsaa site quoting 270 140 grain Accubonds vs 270 130 grain Sciroccos it is approximately .06 cents extra for a Swift vs an Accubond.That would keep me from using a Swift bullet if proven to be a better shooting bullet.

Quick Reply: accubonds or scirocco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.