Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 "Beyond Belief" >

"Beyond Belief"

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

"Beyond Belief"

Old 05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default "Beyond Belief"

have ya'll seen that video or the advertisment for the video "Beyond Belief"? I saw a portion of it and it was hard to believe! this fella on there shot, hit and killed a coyote at 1078 yards. throughout the show they were making some amazing shots, most not under 500 yards.... on coyotes. i'd like to know what type of rifles they were using, what caliber and what optics. the longest shot and kill i have is 477 yards on a wild hog. but 1078 yards on yote is awsome. they also had a bull elk shot and killed at over 750 yards. i mean dropped in its tracks. amazing stuff. what caliber would you trust for a shot like that on a big bull elk? what caliber did they use. if anyone knows, i'm curious.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: "Beyond Belief"

This one is going around on the Big Game forum.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I used to have a link to the site and now i cant find it, there all the info on it. the previews on there site are great. i think it was somthing similar to the 7mm STW but a littel different. there are using leupold mark4 scopes, with some type of specail target turret that it calibrated to the round there shooting. so it was the drop compensator.

ok i just found it, they are using .284 WRP similar to the 7mm stw.The scope is a Leupold 4.5 X 14 Long Range Side Focus 30mm tube with a 50mm objective

heres the site with all the info http://www.thebestofthewest.net/html/TheEquipment.html
Old 05-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: gopher slayer
I used to have a link to the site and now i cant find it
http://www.thebestofthewest.net/long...orhunters.html
Old 05-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

dk, didn't see this but IMO shooting at vermin or paper at as far as you can see them is OK with me. There are some folks here in the farmlands of PA that shoot groundhogs at over 1000 yds.
But to shoot at a bull elk at 750 yds is just irresponsible. One, there are not many cartridges out there that have enough energy at that range to be effective on a 'marginal' shot. I wouldn't shoot at one over 400 yds. If you can't get closer to a bull elk than 750 yds, you should't be hunting them.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:10 AM

If you can't get closer to a bull elk than 750 yds, you should't be hunting them.
AMEN!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:52 PM

well it appears that these guys had the skill to take the shot. i think that would be really cool to see.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:25 AM

Bronko22000

What about most of the folks taht don't have any business shooting past 200 yards. Folks that don't understand how to shoot, what wind does at 300 yards, what elevation angles have to do with the shot, that are scared of their guns, or folks that shoot less rounds a year than I do? (>5000) What business do they have shooting at 400 yards. In fact if you can't get close enough to put an arrow in an elk then you shouldn't be hunting them.

Remember that old saying, walk a mile in my shoes.

We're all in this together.

Jeff