Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka owners, help me out here. >

Tikka owners, help me out here.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka owners, help me out here.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Tikka owners, help me out here.

pdoughertyMU,
DM has given you wise advice. It sounds like the 7mag has made you very recoil concious. That being said, you need to practice those good shooting habits with a rifle that has no recoil to learn the right way, then work up to the 7mag. It isn't a harsh kicking rifle, but it is a handful for someone learning to shoot. Purchasing a rifle that has too much recoil has ruine more neophyte shooters than anything else i know. Hang in there and get that bolt action 22. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2005, 07:58 PM

given you wise advice. It sounds like the 7mag has made you very recoil concious. That being said, you need to practice those good shooting habits with a rifle that has no recoil to learn the right way
ya, also because i always feel like the scope is going to nail me in the face. i don't have too much eye relief. im shooting with a nikon buckmaster 3.9x40
Old 05-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Nikon Buckmaster has 3-1/2” of eye relief and should be good for the 7mm Rem. Mag but it all depends on how the rifle fits you and on how you hold it. You have to have confidence in your equipment when shooting or you will always have the jitters.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:39 PM

ya, i got back from shooting today, and the groups started off very very terrible. however, at the end it was shootin just like it should. still not within 1 inch, but within 2 inches. i was usin the sandbags in the front and back, and really tryin hard not to flinch. i adjusted my scope a few times and i think that is when it started shootin like butter. and even if i still don't have it within the 1 inch, i can guarantee you ill be there under a year. but ill go out once a month to practice. 2 inches is good enough to take a deer.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:46 PM

(i shot 40 shots btw.)