Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka owners, help me out here. >

Tikka owners, help me out here.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka owners, help me out here.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Default RE: Tikka owners, help me out here.

Me Three! I liked it so well I bought two more!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, they aren't cheap either (you get what you pay for).
Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM

GRIZZLYMAN,
I hae always believed that.(you get what you pay for) I beleive in buying the best once instead of mediocre 3 and 4 times. You save money in the long run.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 AM

I have the same gun as well as two other t-3's, they have all been great shooters. Just try some different loads and shoot often. Have a solid rest, and the gun should do the job for you.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWAMPMAN

GRIZZLYMAN,
I hae always believed that.(you get what you pay for) I beleive in buying the best once instead of mediocre 3 and 4 times. You save money in the long run.
Amen, hunting brother, amen!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:53 AM

I am not discounting the possibility of a tikka being a dud, we can only give our own experiences from those of us that own one.Like any firearm you are going to get a bad one somewhere down the line. There are few including Sako that won't eventually come out with one dud, but the positive experiences with the tikkas that people own who have responded are what they are, the facts, not an attempt to cover up any flaws.
Pick any rifle and somewhere at sometime somebody has got hold of a bad one. Majority of rifles is what counts and the Tikka is simply a great production rifle in the majority of opinions that Ihave observed including my own since I own one.
I do not own stock in Tikka so I have no reason to cover up anything about them, simply responding with a truthful answer.
Have you got a hold of or own a bad one? Share experiences then to support your view of the rifle. If my rifle was a dud I would have no hesitation in sharing it.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:51 PM

ya, ive never heard anything negative said about tikkas. ive never heard of one being a dud either. thanks for all the info guys. but i thought that a tikka can't really be a dud, since every rifle is shot before they are put on the shelves. don't they? i thought i heard that somewhere. and that's is how they give the guarantee of the 3 shots under an inch. because they shoot that in the factory. however, i don't know if that is a rumor or what..

and again, im only 18, and have only shot the thing 2x. im going again on sunday and ill stock up on the sandbags and really get it still. But the last time i went the grouping wasnt horrible, it was jut like within like a 5 inch grouping. i could easily kill a deer with it. and that is the reason i bought it. so i can almost guarantee you it was me. ill take a pic of my grouping on sunday and post it up.

btw, anyone know how to get rid of the shakyness? i think that is my main problem. i cant hold the rifle still even with 3 or 4 sandbags.

thanks for all the help.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was taken from Beretta web sit.
(All Sako and Tikka rifles prior to leaving the factory must fire a 1", 5 shot group, at 100 yards.)
Old 05-20-2005, 02:43 PM

pdoughertyMU,
Try taking a deep breath and holding it until you squeeze the round off.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 PM
DM

btw, anyone know how to get rid of the shakyness? i think that is my main problem. i cant hold the rifle still even with 3 or 4 sandbags.
This is why i suggested you get a bolt action 22 lr and practise, practise, and practise some more!! (off the bench)

It will help you learn 99% of what you need to learn to be able to shoot tight groups and hold a rifle steady for long range shots.

Drilling Man

Quick Reply: Tikka owners, help me out here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.