Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Spray on fish attractent >

Spray on fish attractent

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spray on fish attractent

Old 05-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spray on fish attractent

ya know the stuff you spray onto your fishing lures, do you guys/girls think this works good or what?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Spray on fish attractent

I don't know. All I know is in my opinion nothing catches fish like live bait. However, when you don't have any, sented baits work alright because it is one step closer to the real thing. I've caught a few on scented baits, but it will take a lot to change me from a live bait fisherman.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:45 PM

nope. sprays are nothing more than a gimmick. i use them to lube up my plastics if im fishing mats, but other than that, they're completely and utterly a gimmick.

slayer
Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

we got it for free so not to worried about gettin jipt(sp?) but i just wanted to know if anyone used it and what they thought of it
Old 05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, they work. They wont make more fish taste your bait, but they will make a fish hold on longer. Instead of using super concentrated mixes, I get an old washed out (with baking soda) baby wipes container, and cut out the grooves from the "pop top". I add a bottle of my favorite attractant, add a small bottle of anise oil, about 8 tablespoons of garlic salt, and mix. You can still close the top, and just pop it open and dip your bait in the hole as needed. No more spraying everywhere all over the boat.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:55 PM

I don't fish much, but just everyone in my family always pours a little anise oil in the bag of plastic worms/lizards/tubes. Have know idea if it works, 'cause I've never really compared...like I said, It's kinda a family tradition or something.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:27 AM

I've used trout attractant and I think that it can't hurt.Caught some trout on it.Don't know if it makes a difference but I try it when nothing else works,can't hurt.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around here WD40 is the ticket for salt water fishing(sea trout). Some salt water guys swear by a crab based scent for sea trout??
Its not the scent as much as the oily substance "leeching" off the bait that promotes the strike. I use a pump spray of sparkle shad made by ??. I only use it when all else fails on a bad day. I spray it on stick or crank baits. Again I think its the leeching effect of the oily sparkle crap that promotes a strike. Other wise I agree most if not all this stuff is alot of marketing hype that catches more fisherman than fish.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

The inventors of Lock Jaw live here locally. That stuff was great.You can make your own. Put olive oil in a small bottle. Shake in about a teaspoon of garlic salt.Dip you r worm in and use. The bass seem to hold on better.
chuck