Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Carolina Rig?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Carolina Rig?

How Do I Do This Rig lol
Cant Find Anything Good,
Old 02-09-2005, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Carolina Rig?

They work best in a gravel areas or other bottoms that don't have a lot of snags. I have had the best luck with a floating bait on the end so it stays off the bottom. Basically you just cast it out, let it hit the bottom and drag your rod tip and wait for the bite.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

heres some junk i found for you off of the bfhp

good fishin

All my worming is done with a texas rigg , usually weightless or with as small of a weight as i can get by with. I have kinda a two part question. First, when you use a carolina rigg what size line,weight,swivel,leader do you use? worm/lizard/senko? Second, is this a good search bait or pattern for late march bass? Or should i stick to the texas rigg or jerk bait. I'll be fishing a large stump flat(no grass) 4 to 5 deep leading into shallow pockets and coves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/15/03 10:52:00 PM stratos 278 (12.158.119.99) from FLORIDA says Carolina Rig
There are other variables involved like what rod/reel combo your using and what bottom composition you have. I need more information from you. If you will e-mail me I will be more that happy to help you figure out what set up you need. Stratos 278

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/15/03 11:02:00 PM John D. (205.188.208.168) from VIRGINIA says Carolina Rig
The basic carolina rig has a 15-20# mono or 30-50# braided main line, whatever you choose. A 3/4oz or 1oz is the standard weight, but you can go smaller in shallow water, bigger in deeper water. Use a small barrel swivel. The leader can be anywhere between 12 and 48" in length. The leader is usually lighter than the mainline, I like to use 10 to 12# mono as a leader.
I wouldn't fish the carolina rig in water shallow than 8ft. But you can. I would suggest using a 1/4oz-1/2oz weight with a short leader for fishing the rig in shallow water.

Tight Lines!

John D.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

This about covers everything.

http://www.fishin.com/articles/georg...arolinarig.htm
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM

when you said drag it do you mean cast it then pull your rod then reel the slack and repeat and when you hook the worm or what ever do you rig it like a texas rig with the hook inside because i have never done it before
Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

i pull mine in to the side like 9 o'clock to about 11 o'clock (about 1.5 to 2ft.) and then reel back down and drag it again, stay in contact with the weight, and leave plenty of swing for the hook-set/ more for a longer leader to overcome all the line between the weight and the bait. i rig min weedless 99.9% of the time because i'm useally in some junk that fish live in.

best of luck

you can pause the movement of the bait sometimes for several seconds if the fish are sluggish, and you can also work the c-rig quick which makes it a good search bait, not to mention it'll give you a great idea of whats underneath the water/ bottom composition, hard/soft, gravel, sand, stumps, grass, etc..
Old 02-16-2005, 03:47 PM

sweet that is great