Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Help Me I am SINKING!!!!! >

Help Me I am SINKING!!!!!

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Help Me I am SINKING!!!!!

Old 09-27-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Help Me I am SINKING!!!!!

My Boat is a 17' Bass Tracker Pro 175 which my wife and I use for Bass tournaments. When I bought the boat (for a little less than half it's worth) I noticed the keel had been repaired with JB weld (the entire length of the keel rib on both sides and every rivet). I had the place who sold it to me check it for leaks...which they did...and it was fine. This year the boat started leaking and is getting worse (perhaps a wee bit of too rough of water for my questionably repaired little aliminun beater boat). I got under the boat today to start looking into fixing it and the JB weld is all busted up and flaking off as well as several of the rivets have pulled through the keel rib so it is fairly loose. I called a few places and they say that the JB weld makes welding the keel nearly impossible because there will be no way to guarantee the weld. (it will be nearly impossible to get the keel and JB weld cleaned off well enough for a good weld.) SO WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS? Anyone with any Ideas?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:46 AM

Default RE: Help Me I am SINKING!!!!!

SO WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Don't ever buy a glued-together boat again!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:39 AM

when I was a young kid, my neighbor gave me a "skiff" i took it out a couple of times to go fishing in the river and then one day the boat sank and I lost a couple hundred dollars of tackle. Boy I was pissed
Old 10-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Im not realy sure what Jb weld is but im thinking its a kind a bondo for metal. I would think you should take alot of time and take all of it off with some sand paper if possiable, or a wire brush. then bust out the tig welder and do some real wledin on this thing. Its just an idea i have no idea if it would work but it should to my thinking.