Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

sinking line?

Old 06-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default sinking line?

ok i do most of my fishing with live bait under a bobber so when i cast out my line may sit there for a min or maby 10minutes but lately ive noticed the line between my pole and the bobber is sinking to the bottom which isant good because it gets down in the weeds and gets tangled up and sometimes makes it so i cant set the hook on a fish i dont know if ive just noticed this and its always done it or if its a new thing the line should still be good i guess i havent had any breaks or problems and its not faded but i wanted some opinions is this normal? or does it maby mean its time for new line? or what? im useing spiderline mono ls its my first time with spiderline so i dont know?
thanks,sean
Old 06-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sinking line?

mono absorbs water and id think that would cause it to sink.....florocarbon doesnt soak up water but i think it sinks faster....guess because its wieght...but i learned to fish it....and like it alot.....atfirst it was hard to fish with a bobber......but i learn to keep the line tight and straight and just fish it......
Old 06-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: sinking line?

It's perfectly normal. Any mono will sink, and as you see, it causes problems when float fishing. To fix it, try switching to a super braid. Most super lines will float, eliminating the problem.